Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

half way to becoming a surrogate

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

already did the medical testing mental health testing and just met with my lawyer and just need to finish up the final draft for the legal. then next week I began the medication and hopefully by the end of may I am able to get the transfer. so excited didnt think I would get this far but really nervous going over the legal.

has anyone been a surrogate and can give me some advice over everything. the whole processes and to calm my nerves!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tclaurend
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:55 PM
No advice, but good luck!
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:57 PM

How much are you getting paid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:19 PM

it varies. I get 3,200 a month but there are a lot of things I can be reimbursed for. like child care and clothes and travel etc. but I get about 35000 for the whole pregnancy

Quoting corticosteroid:

How much are you getting paid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:21 PM

thanks!

Quoting tclaurend: No advice, but good luck!

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM

From the beginning tell yourself the child is not yours. After birth you will give the child back to its parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:27 PM

ya I came to terms with that years ago

Quoting Spare.Time:

From the beginning tell yourself the child is not yours. After birth you will give the child back to its parents.

BubblesTroubles
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:29 PM
Will this be with your egg or the mothers egg?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Congrats!

I've carried 4 surrogate kids and plan to start the process again in 8 months or so:) Do you have any specific questions?

Don't start a mock cycle until contracts are in place. And don't compromise on things that are important to you in the contract. Everything is amplified once you are pregnant, believe me! Do you have an attorney who is experienced in surrogcy contracts and is representing just YOU?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:36 PM

havent started mock cycle yet signing the contract tomorrow. I am pretty sure that i am comfortable with everything in it. i have an attorney that is experienced and is just for me but is paid by the parents

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Congrats!

I've carried 4 surrogate kids and plan to start the process again in 8 months or so:) Do you have any specific questions?

Don't start a mock cycle until contracts are in place. And don't compromise on things that are important to you in the contract. Everything is amplified once you are pregnant, believe me! Do you have an attorney who is experienced in surrogcy contracts and is representing just YOU?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM

theirs. i dont think I would be able to do mine

Quoting BubblesTroubles: Will this be with your egg or the mothers egg?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)