Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any adoptees out there?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I am wondering if there is anyone looking to adopt a child within the next few years or have started the process? How has the process been? What about the costs involved, is it worth it considering the wait - in my area it can be two yrs before home study & possibly a couple more yrs before anything else.

Anyone want to join & start a gofundme me page for this,lol

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:41 PM
4 moms liked this
An adoptee is one who's adopted, not one who's adopting. If you want replies to your questions, change your title.
adopteeme
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2016 at 3:10 AM
Worth it?
IDK about that
Everybody knows adoptees play with matches, run with scissors and pee on your carpet in the corner.
At least that's what I've heard happens if you tell them or they find out by accident that they're adopted and who really gave birth to them. Young and old alike can go off the chain with that kind of knowledge. Yikes!
Sassy762
by 200 on Apr. 23, 2016 at 3:16 AM

This isn't going to last

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am wondering if there is anyone looking to adopt a child within the next few years or have started the process? How has the process been? What about the costs involved, is it worth it considering the wait - in my area it can be two yrs before home study & possibly a couple more yrs before anything else. Anyone want to join & start a gofundme me page for this,lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2016 at 3:17 AM

We are adopting our 4th from foster care. It's had it's ups and downs, but that goes with foster care. Foster care is mostly free. Waiting depends on what you are looking for in adopting a foster child.

I have 4 amazing kiddos. One has had a rough start, but he is growing out of his issues and is a pretty amazing kiddo. I've definitely been blessed.

No gofundme needed =)

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2016 at 3:20 AM
You want to adopt a child but need a go fund me charity collection? Leave the adopting to the capable people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2016 at 3:31 AM
Curious, but I was told to only adopt or foster kids younger than mine...is this a rule? Or just a suggestion?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

We are adopting our 4th from foster care. It's had it's ups and downs, but that goes with foster care. Foster care is mostly free. Waiting depends on what you are looking for in adopting a foster child.

I have 4 amazing kiddos. One has had a rough start, but he is growing out of his issues and is a pretty amazing kiddo. I've definitely been blessed.

No gofundme needed =)

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2016 at 3:48 AM

It's just a suggestion. But we did keep birth order.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Curious, but I was told to only adopt or foster kids younger than mine...is this a rule? Or just a suggestion?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

No gofundme needed =)

Good luck.

brime98
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2016 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Going non anon, if you wouldn't mind talking with me. I'd love to foster, but have been fed horror stories. And I've worked in the field so I know many are true.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It's just a suggestion. But we did keep birth order.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Curious, but I was told to only adopt or foster kids younger than mine...is this a rule? Or just a suggestion?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No gofundme needed =)

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 23, 2016 at 4:09 AM
No, I am not adopted but am a birth mom.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2016 at 4:11 AM
I'm an adoptee and an adoptive mom. My mother was not a fit parent so my grandmother adopted my brother and I when I was 15 and he was 2. When I was 19, she passed away and I adopted my brother. Now he's 13 and we are both happy. It was well worth it for both of us. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)