Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are school projects always such a huge production in my house...

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My daughter needs to make a model of the digestive system for anatomy instead of using paper or clay like normal kids her group is making a cake... Also this guy has some orange ass skin. Too much self tanner.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:49 PM

That is awesome!  We had a student make a model out of cake one who used pie when i was in college. You can never go wrong with dessert models.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:52 PM
Always the over achiever, when they had to do a model of the skeleton they made it life size

Quoting redheadtmk:

That is awesome!  We had a student make a model out of cake one who used pie when i was in college. You can never go wrong with dessert models.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Well that looks tasty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Don't get me started on this bullshit.  My sons teacher thought this was clever and fun as well until all the parents started calling the principal complaining.  Her BS projects ended up being parent projects and to be honest, we all have far better things to do with our time than this crap.  I completed 5th grade and have no desire to do it again.   She actually assigned TWO projects like this over the weekend and due on Monday morning. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:58 PM
I don't have to do anything, my kid decided to do a cake with her group on her own. I'm sure other kids in the class are doing a less involved project, my kid is just crazy. In 7th grade they had to do a newspaper based on Edgar Allen Poe poems, my bathtub turned into a crime scene with ketchup as blood stand in and they were out back using the grill to burn the paper to make it look old. And don't even get me started on the video projects, she never goes the easy route.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Don't get me started on this bullshit.  My sons teacher thought this was clever and fun as well until all the parents started calling the principal complaining.  Her BS projects ended up being parent projects and to be honest, we all have far better things to do with our time than this crap.  I completed 5th grade and have no desire to do it again.   She actually assigned TWO projects like this over the weekend and due on Monday morning. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:59 PM
Sounds like my son's first grade teacher! Like seriously, my son is 6! He's not researching shit and making a poster presentation! I always have to do all the work and just tell him what to write/draw. The worst one was when she wanted the kids to build a "sustainable playground" and they couldn't draw it on paper, they had to actually build one! First of all, WTF is a sustainable playground??? And what is the point of that? It took me and DH hours to put that shit together for him and it broke on his way to school! I can't wait until this year is over!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Honestly. Seems mind of basic. My kid would not let her project look that sloppy/ unprofessional. A for effort though!
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:04 PM

How much of this did the children do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Lucky you.  I'll give you an example of what my son...in 5th grade....was required to make.  

Chinese moon cakes.  I went to culinary school and even I don't know how to make these.  They were given no recipe and absolutely no information other than to make them and bring them to school on Monday.  My son doesn't even make his own sandwich, (because I don't let him in my kitchen) yet he is assigned THIS as "homework" on a Friday.  Like we all have golden syrup, lotus paste, and moon cake molds just lying around in the kitchen.  This teacher has been a nightmare the entire year!!!  I can't wait until 5th grade is over. 

Quoting LCWAmommy: I don't have to do anything, my kid decided to do a cake with her group on her own. I'm sure other kids in the class are doing a less involved project, my kid is just crazy. In 7th grade they had to do a newspaper based on Edgar Allen Poe poems, my bathtub turned into a crime scene with ketchup as blood stand in and they were out back using the grill to burn the paper to make it look old. And don't even get me started on the video projects, she never goes the easy route.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Omgosh, we must have kids in the same school (I'm sure not really, lol) because this is the exact kind of crap we are constantly doing.  They have something like this every month and it drive me insane.  

Over the weekend my kid had to do a mobile book report.  He hated every second of it as did I.  I just don't see the point.  (This was not his...I got the pic from Google) His looked about 1/10th this good, lol because he hated it so much..and I don't blame him.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds like my son's first grade teacher! Like seriously, my son is 6! He's not researching shit and making a poster presentation! I always have to do all the work and just tell him what to write/draw. The worst one was when she wanted the kids to build a "sustainable playground" and they couldn't draw it on paper, they had to actually build one! First of all, WTF is a sustainable playground??? And what is the point of that? It took me and DH hours to put that shit together for him and it broke on his way to school! I can't wait until this year is over!
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)