Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does this work? Help please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
DF has asked my girls and I to move in with him which is super exciting. So my name won't be on the house till we get married which I understand. But what I don't understand is how to verify proof of residency for my girls when I enroll them in school. When I had to enroll them at their current school all I needed to do was take the apartment lease.
I just need a little bit of guidance here.
Plz and thx
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Get a letter from your DF saying that you live there. Or see about getting a bill in your name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Right up a rental agreement
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Get some sort of mail with your name on it sent there. I usually use my mortgage statement or water bill. They should have examples of proof of residency options on the schools website under enrollment info.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Ask the school. They most likely will give you a form for your fiance to fill out and have notarized saying you live there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM
We will be switching the power into my name so I guess that would work.

Quoting MrsViau: Get a letter from your DF saying that you live there. Or see about getting a bill in your name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Hmm...I used my lease as well. Perhaps a piece of mail with your name on it accompanied with a letter from him stating that you live there?

Call the new school and ask what they accept as proof of residence in that situation?
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM
In schools here you just need proof of residency in the form of some kind of mail, usually a bill that comes to the address. You have a cell phone, credit card, car payment, etc? When you change the address in those they should work.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM
A letter from your "landlord" aka boyfriend should do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man I totally forgot about that. My sister had to do that when she moved into my mom's a few years ago for her kids. Total brain fart. Thank you :)

Quoting CheerioHolder: Ask the school. They most likely will give you a form for your fiance to fill out and have notarized saying you live there.
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Yea. That should work for you. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We will be switching the power into my name so I guess that would work.

Quoting MrsViau: Get a letter from your DF saying that you live there. Or see about getting a bill in your name.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)