Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoloft?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anyone have any luck with this medication? My dr prescribed me this today for my anxiety. Im wondering why it says to take at bedtime? Does it make you drowsy or something? Thanks for any input
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Bump
BionicBunny
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:48 PM
It works for my daughter and me. I take it at bedtime because it did make me sleepy. After awhile it wasn't so bad but I still take it at night.
SammyHammy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:49 PM
I take it for anxiety. It can make you feel a little sleepy but for me it's not that bad. I've taken it for a few years and it really helps with my anxiety and panic attacks. I take 50mg's in the morning everyday.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:49 PM
I couldn't take it. It makes me shake way to much. Yes, some do have luck with it. Just depends on how your Body will react to it.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM
Doesn't make me sleepy but makes a world of difference for my depression. I've been taking it almost 2 years now.
paxtonsunny
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:52 PM
He should have just prescribed xanax. My husband took it. It made him nuts and getting off of it was hell. I would try something herbal first before mind altering meds.
stacey541
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:52 PM
I was on it for about a year. It took the edge off, did what it was supposed to do. I didn't yell at my kids anymore and generally dealt with things better, I didn't notice any sleepiness or anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:52 PM

Doctors don't care about you they just prescribe something just to get rid of you.  Fix your anxiety problem instead of looking for drugs to fix. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:53 PM
I take it. 200 mg. Along with 15 mg of buspirone.

I have severe anxiety, and mild depression.

I take it in the morning. With my Synthroid. I only get sleepy around 2 in the afternoon though.

Yes it helps me, and keeps my anxiety and nightmares at a reasonable level.
BionicBunny
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:55 PM
Depending on the cause she may not be able to " fix it" on her own. There are many reasons meds are necessary as well as counseling.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Doctors don't care about you they just prescribe something just to get rid of you.  Fix your anxiety problem instead of looking for drugs to fix. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)