Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are your thoughts on this?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Ok, my husband had just got this job a month ago on a farm. They were paying him below minimum wage, even for overtime but hey, it was a job and it helped us as a family. He had been complaining about this job for weeks and I feared the worst. Monday, he calls me, and tells me the worst. That he quit. He tells me the situation was that his co-workers were making him do all the work and when he asked for help his boss told him "sucks to be the low nigger on the totem pole." I called his former boss and asked what really happened because I had my doubts. He said that my husband was constantly on his phone and they kept asking him for help and when they told him to get off his phone and work he just walked off the job and quit. Now, we just moved into an apartment last week and rent is due on the first. And now we have all these bills and he had to go quit his job when the kids are relying on him. If it were me, I would have treasured a job where I could provide any income for my kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM
Sounds like my ex. A 5 year old in a grown man's body. Always excuses, never his fault, "I don't wanna"
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM
Time for you to get a job. Obviously you can't count on him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Step up and lose the man child
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Why do you assume she's not working? 

She may be, she may not be - there is no indication of her employment status in either the OP or her comments. 

Quoting MrsViau: Time for you to get a job. Obviously you can't count on him.

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:08 PM
He doesn't want to be a provider - he is clearly not giving a shit.
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Well considering she hasn't commented and said anything, that can't count. And I wasn't assuming either way, but if she cannot count on her husband she needs to make a plan and leave his ass. A job is the first step if she isn't working.

Quoting TisHerself:

Why do you assume she's not working? 

She may be, she may not be - there is no indication of her employment status in either the OP or her comments. 

Quoting MrsViau: Time for you to get a job. Obviously you can't count on him.

RSass
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Hugs! Farm work is hard, perhaps he can stay with the kids while you work? You seem more dependable
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:32 PM

yeah i couldn't be with someone like that. :/ i'm sorry i hope you find a way to get money for rent! it sucks that you can't count on him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:10 AM
So go get a job.
StoicLife
by Katerina on Apr. 21, 2016 at 6:22 AM
Sounds like you married a lazy pos tbh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)