Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i love you but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

my mom...i love her but shes getting annoying...like the church people i send my dogs after annoying.....literally shes constantly preaching.....she just got done with rehab, and i get it, its what they taught....but im not going to sit back and listen to this hateful shit. my mom went on another rant today about something i cant even remember and i just cut her off and said  "mom i love you but you gotta stop, i dont believe in this stuff. i know you do and i respect that but you gotta respect me and not spew this crap in my house"...wasnt as polite as i would have liked but my mom and i arent polite when we speak (i mean cursing wise, we cuss constantly when we talk)...my mom started crying......*sigh* i was supportive of her but this is getting ridiculous.....

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:58 PM

bump

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That's one of the flaws I see with rehab and programs....they just make them codependent on something else. Whether it's religion, a hobby or other people ("sponsors"). A girl I worked with got sobor, which is GREAT --I'm not knocking that at all--but she literally could barely decide to try a different coffee flavor without discussing it with her sponsor. Then when she had her own sponsee it was the same none sense. She got calls and texts all day long from this girl about trivial decisions.

I don't blame you for what you did. There's balance of support. And just because you don't want to be preached at doesn't mean you don't support her.
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:01 PM
WhT is she being hateful about? Why would you set dogs after someone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:05 PM

just everything, gays, babies out of wedlock (even though i had my ds before dh and i got married), birth control, saying women who use it are whores. on and on and on and on.

and i dont like people coming up to my door so when church people come up my walkway i let my dogs out

Quoting ShaMac: WhT is she being hateful about? Why would you set dogs after someone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:44 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:45 AM
My mother was in a religious rehab home. In that, I know they'd had multiple daily bible studies and such. When she got out, I was happy for her. She started asking nicely if I would believe or go to church, I declined. She would ask more and more and said she wouldn't stop until I said yes then she started with threats. She makes it hard for me to be understanding and I try to distance myself.
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:06 AM
Sigh. So she went from sinning to preaching. She doesn't get it at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

just everything, gays, babies out of wedlock (even though i had my ds before dh and i got married), birth control, saying women who use it are whores. on and on and on and on.

and i dont like people coming up to my door so when church people come up my walkway i let my dogs out

Quoting ShaMac: WhT is she being hateful about? Why would you set dogs after someone?

AvantGardener
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:09 AM
I'm sorry. My mom moved in with me last summer and I'm ready to light myself on fire. I get it.
Mama8080
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:38 AM
It's like switching one addiction for another. Some people really need that in the beginning. It's rough. Just ignore her and yes her to death. She probably doesn't believe what she's saying. She's just parroting back what someone else has told her. My go to response is always "I believe that you believe and let's end it there"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)