Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't have it in me to get a third job.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I work two jobs. One is weekends the other is Monday to Thursday from home (independent contractor so I only get paid for the time I'm hired. Or in "tips" part of getting hired involves time where I may not be getting paid for that time like traditional job such as PR/advertising) I am exhausted but we are struggling. I always feel bad that we are in low income housing. But with dh in and out of the hospital. Him getting a job isn't possible. I'm tired and exsauted. And yes I've gone to college. I work with disabled persons, I went to school for this because its something I enjoy.

Dh can't get disability due to our (minimal) savings. We have talked to a few lawyers. But they won't help us.
FYI I am not in the states and the only disability is not based on pervious income.

I saw other welfare posts. not everyone on welfare is a lazy bum.

I guess I am just tired and venting before I start work.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What was your major? You have a great many grammar issues in this post, which makes me question the validity of your post. 

How old are your children? How old are you? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:08 PM
I have several learning disabilities myself. The main ones are in writing and grammar.
I went to school for human services - Disability support

Kids are 4yrs and 2yrs... I am 28yrs old

Quoting Anonymous 2:

What was your major? You have a great many grammar issues in this post, which makes me question the validity of your post. 

marmie41
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:09 PM
What country?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Canada

Quoting marmie41: What country?
guppysown
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:16 PM

I've not even heard of that as an advanced degree option in the US.  Is it a certificate? 2 year? 4 year? 

How long has DH been disabled? What's his disability? 

It doesn't seem like you have a full time position at all? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have several learning disabilities myself. The main ones are in writing and grammar. I went to school for human services - Disability support Kids are 4yrs and 2yrs... I am 28yrs old
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:18 PM
I know this sounds terrible, but could your dh get disability if you divorced him on paper?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:39 PM
I work 3 12-16 hr shifts on the weekend.

Quoting guppysown:

I've not even heard of that as an advanced degree option in the US.  Is it a certificate? 2 year? 4 year? 

How long has DH been disabled? What's his disability? 

It doesn't seem like you have a full time position at all? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have several learning disabilities myself. The main ones are in writing and grammar.
I went to school for human services - Disability support

Kids are 4yrs and 2yrs... I am 28yrs old

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:42 PM
No. We have common law here. So we would have to totally split. And I'm not leaving him.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I know this sounds terrible, but could your dh get disability if you divorced him on paper?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to find a job that's full-time and forget all these part-timers jobs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:45 PM
I wouldn't think you would, just wanted to see if it would help legally. Sorry you are in such a tough spot, it sounds like you are working your tail off.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. We have common law here. So we would have to totally split. And I'm not leaving him.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I know this sounds terrible, but could your dh get disability if you divorced him on paper?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)