Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting at it's finest

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I came home from work today with my dd coming up me and saying she got bit by a dog up the street. She was riding her skateboard when it happened. The dog came out of its yard towards her. She screamed and ran and it chased after her and bit her.

My df went to the home. My df says it's a really old couple, and he felt bad for them so he left. The couple said the dog has its shots and is a good dog but doesn't like motorcycles, bikes or skateboards.

Last year my df and I met a couple from Australia and they came over to the states again this year. They are going back home tomorrow so my df and I are going to Hooters with them for drinks.

My dd had a Dr appt scheduled already for tomorrow. That's when I'll ask them to check her records and see if she needs another shot.

So instead of taking my dd to urgent care, I'm going to go have drinks.

Put that in your pipe and schmoke it.

Happy 420 ✌️
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:17 PM

Mobile Photo

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Assuming the child wasn't bleeding profusely and didn't need stitches, I don't see an issue with waiting until tomorrow.
Jasuzha
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:20 PM
I got nothin
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:20 PM
It doesn't lok bad, it has stopped bleeding, and you are taking her in tomorrow. I see nothing wrong with that.
MrsRobinson06
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:25 PM
Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. I was roller skating and a dog bit me who was scared of all things with wheels. My parents went over to their house and verified it was up to date on vaccines. I didn't need stitches, just got a bruise. My parents didn't take me to the hospital, just kept an eye on it. I certainly didn't feel they were bad parents for not taking me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:57 AM
Wouldn't you need a TB shot?

Quoting MrsRobinson06: Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. I was roller skating and a dog bit me who was scared of all things with wheels. My parents went over to their house and verified it was up to date on vaccines. I didn't need stitches, just got a bruise. My parents didn't take me to the hospital, just kept an eye on it. I certainly didn't feel they were bad parents for not taking me.
MrsRobinson06
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:59 AM
Not sure? I may have been up to date at that time on it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wouldn't you need a TB shot?

Quoting MrsRobinson06: Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. I was roller skating and a dog bit me who was scared of all things with wheels. My parents went over to their house and verified it was up to date on vaccines. I didn't need stitches, just got a bruise. My parents didn't take me to the hospital, just kept an eye on it. I certainly didn't feel they were bad parents for not taking me.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:24 AM

No. Dogs don't get TB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:46 PM
LMAO!! Well I guess that makes sense lol Duh!

My dd is up to date on her shots so she should be good then.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

No. Dogs don't get TB.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Another shot for what exactly?  There are no shots given usually for dog bites.  A lot of times ERs will do tetanus shots simply because most people don't keep up with them and it's been 10 years or more since the last one.  Your kid might need antibiotics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)