Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling drained..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I am a SAHM and my 3 year old seems to be draining all of me, I am trying my best but I feel like she never slows down, shes up by 9am, I take her out everyday and let her run for about an hour or two, we do activities all day by 6 we have dinner, 7pm bath time, 8 in bed reading stories, 8:30 lights out.  As hard as I try to get her to take a nap during the day she just will not and by bed time she still full of energy, its a battle back and forth until about 2am and even then I will find myself asleep before her. I don't know what to do, I have spoken to her Dr about it she says dd will grow out of it. Today DH made a comment saying I have no control, I've lost myself and our relationship cause I'm always running after dd. I'm so hurt and just tired. I don't know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:24 PM

bump..any advice?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
When DS was 3yo I thought I was going to lose my mind. I really just wanted to pee by myself.

What we did was send me to a hotel for a night. I drank too much, watched too much TV, took a bath alone and slept alone and blessedly undisturbed for about 10 hours. It was heavenly.

All that and we put DS in 3k two half days a week. He got to socialize in a learning environment and I got a 8 hours alone a week.
TheRaz
by Liz on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:27 PM
It is a phase. It will pass.

Can you get her in pre school in August?

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful. Some kids are just more time consuming than others!
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:29 PM
A friend of mine went through almost the exact same thing with her daughter who was 4 at the time.

They ended up contributing most of it to her diet and they drastically eliminated foods with artificial dye and decreased sugar. It made a huge difference.

I have a 4 year old son as well and one thing we did when he stopped napping (when he was around 3) was make him lay down for "rest time" for an hour every afternoon (while my younger two nap). He plays quietly on his iPad, watches a movie or lays in bed with a toy or books. Something like that may help her to calm down for a little bit each day. It will take awhile at first to get her used to it but over time it may really help.

Good luck.
RSass
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:47 PM
My son refused to sleep at three he was awake playing in his room at midnight and up at four am. The doctor prescribed more activity. She wanted him outside on his bike or at the park several hours a day. It worked. He was exhausted.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:08 AM

pre-school

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:27 AM

It sounds like you could potentially sleep every night from 9 pm to 9 am. Some people hold down a job and also take care of their children and take care of themselves. What do you think needs to change for you to be able to take care of yourself?

my3arrows
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:16 PM

I am sorry, mama! SAHM is not a job for the faint of heart. It sounds like you're doing what your girl needs. I wish I had some magic words that would make her sleep and allow you to have some rest, but I don't. I do have this video that I'd love for you to watch. It is short and will hopefully give you some encouragement as you continue in the most important work of being a mom.

I know you probably don't feel like it, but you're doing great!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)