Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, I said it...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
The thing you're not supposed to say to a step parent. "Well, she's not YOUR kid!"

He's been in our lives less than 5 years. He wants to totally change all the values I've been trying to raise my kids with. I keep feeling like he's trying to erase everything I have taught them and teach him how he believes instead.

He was telling me he doesn't want 12 y.o d.d. watching, "Modern Family ". He feels that it is inappropriate. Yet, if I don't stop him from it, he will watch South Park in front of the kids. That supposedly is o.k.

The worst thing about it is the reasoning behind it. Both shows portray gay characters, but because South Park portrays them negatively it is o.k. Modern Family, "normalizes", it, which in his mind is not o.k. :/

I just wish he'd let me know what a narrow minded bigot he is before we got married. He's not even going to be a step dad much longer anyway, so I'm not worried about how what I said might hinder them bonding or anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AvantGardener
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:34 PM
How long did you know this guy before you got hitched?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Why dud you get married?

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:38 PM
Wow. Sounds lovely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:41 PM
Not nearly long enough. :/ I kick myself for it every day. I'm so gullible. I tend to assume people are who they present themselves to be. Plus I can be a romantic fool. Not anymore, though. Learned my lesson.

Quoting AvantGardener: How long did you know this guy before you got hitched?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:42 PM
He was absolutely Prince Charming until we got married. I guess it's easy to be Mr. Nice guy for a few hours a week.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Why dud you get married?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)