Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's actually starting to like him

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:35 PM
  • 0 Replies

I'm an only child and my parents and was always very close to my parents. My parent's were very protective of me, there was a time when they felt they didn't protect me from something and as a result they feel like they have to make it up to me, they have their reasons. My dad has always had some tension toward my husband. It isn't that he thinks he's a bad person, he has said himself that he thinks he's a good person, he just doesn't want anyone with me.

My husband had a rough upbringing and I think that made my dad more nervous. He knows better than to judge others by their past, but he is just scared of me getting hurt. Both of my parents had some trouble letting go. They have been getting a lot better lately. Tonight we went to my parents time and my dad and husband spent a lot of time just talking and my dad was actually laughing. He lent my husband a book and invited him to go fishing with him and some of his friends. He seems to finally accept that he's my husband and the father of his grandchildren and he's not going anywhere. 

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)