Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! If it was your dog..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Help! We've had our husky for almost 4 years now. We rescued him when he was a around one year old. Since then, my husbands work schedule has changed drastically and he now works from 630am-730pm. On top of that we have three young kids one being an infant. I know our pup deserves more attention but I'm feeling overwhelmed with just life right now. We also don't have a backyard which makes the whole situation way more stressful. I know I'm probably being selfish but I've been debating whether to give him to a good home with people who have more free time. Has this happened to you? Please help, I'm so upset on what to do :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:17 AM
Maybe hire someone to walk your dog? Maybe a kid you know and trust or a friend.
UpsideDown
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:17 AM

What is the problem with the dog?

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on May. 8, 2016 at 12:19 AM
You either make time for him (which is what I would do) or find a new home. Gotta do what's best for the dog.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:20 AM
I have 3 kids, one being an infant and 2 dogs. I find time to walk them, it's a priority. What does your husband's schedule have to do with it? Do you work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 12:22 AM
You could do doggy day care a couple times a week drop him off when you go grocery shopping or something. He'll get to socialize and expell tons of energy. Most places I've look at have an open play type thing every friday inexpensive also $15
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:22 AM
I would make time. Dogs to me are just as much commitment as a child. Its nice weather now. Get out and take those kids and the dog for a walk. Get a double stroller and a baby carrier and go. Heck even a wagon. The dog can pull it like a job. It would be good for all of you.
CLA25233
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:22 AM

I would.  And I wouldn't feel bad about it.  A lot of life happens in 4 years.  You can plan to give a pet a "forever home" until the cows come home, but it doesn't always work out like that.  You need to do what's right for your family right now. 

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:22 AM

Do you work? If not, I would make the time for him.

-White.Rabbit-
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:25 AM

Take all the kids to a dog friendly park. It was let the kids and the dog burn off energy and have fun while doing it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
This is what I would do, and did. When we had our 3rd child ( we had all of ours in 3.5 yrs) we had a giant lab and felt horrible for him because I could barely survive the day with the kids let alone a giant dog. So I had a high school come twice a day to walk him morning and night and I managed through out the rest of the day.
We still have him and I'm so happy we didn't give him away!

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea: Maybe hire someone to walk your dog? Maybe a kid you know and trust or a friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)