• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that was depressing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I am a teacher (still relatively new but I have my masters in education). I make 45,000 a year. I was interested in the low income program that gives people an opportunity to buy a house that my city offers. I make too little... They want people to make $46,000 or more a year (for a two person family-myself and my son). Teachers should never be considered low income or in poverty...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Americas attitude towards teachers is a travesty. And it shows in our global rankings.
lady-J-Rock
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:26 AM
Do you work during the summer?
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on May. 8, 2016 at 12:26 AM
That's sad :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 12:28 AM
Quoting lady-J-Rock: Do you work during the summer?

I normally don't since I would end up spending all my extra income on daycare for my son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 12:31 AM
It is, especially when one realizes that no one anywhere would be who they were if it wasn't for a teacher that taught them- doctors, lawyers, bakers, business people, hell, even athletes had a coach which is essentially a teacher.

Quoting Momniscient: Americas attitude towards teachers is a travesty. And it shows in our global rankings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 12:32 AM
This is a huge thing for me. I hate how shitty America's schools have become. Teachers are the backbone of everything. And they are paid shit, and generally treated like shit.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:33 AM
Yeah. And they spend more time with our nations kids than a lot of their parents do. It's so mind boggling that we treat some of the most important people in kids lives so poorly.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It is, especially when one realizes that no one anywhere would be who they were if it wasn't for a teacher that taught them- doctors, lawyers, bakers, business people, hell, even athletes had a coach which is essentially a teacher.

Quoting Momniscient: Americas attitude towards teachers is a travesty. And it shows in our global rankings.
PolkaDots3220
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM
I am so sorry. This has been a long standing issue for a while now. I wish there was something that we/I could do to make this different.
Teachers deserve way more than they are ever awarded! Financially and respect !
lady-J-Rock
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 12:36 AM
How old is he?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I normally don't since I would end up spending all my extra income on daycare for my son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Quoting lady-J-Rock: How old is he?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

7 with some mild special needs (can be in gen Ed just requires more supervision)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)