Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Day for Moms surviving the loss of a child

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 3:44 AM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

My heart goes out to you - I suffer that loss as well and  understand the tremendous grief and devastation that you feel.  I want to share with you this website:

missfoundation.org  - it is monitored by and supported by parents whose children have passed away (no matter the circumstances, no matter the age or how long ago).  They have different forums and a chat room.  There is also griefhaven and compassionate friends.  I hope that you have the loving support you need for this day and all days - 

by on May. 8, 2016 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My first mothers day without my little one and I don't think it will be easy. Its only been a month. Thanks for passing this along.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:56 AM
So ladies, would you appreciate a friend saying,"Happy Mother's Day" to you? My friend's baby passed away from SIDS several months ago. But I want to recognize her.

Would you send a card? Call? Text so she doesn't have to answer back?
bluefirewolf
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:01 AM

I am so sorry - I wish I could be there for you 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My first mothers day without my little one and I don't think it will be easy. Its only been a month. Thanks for passing this along.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

If you were to send her a text saying "My thoughts and prayers are with you today." ... I think she would be very touched by that.... knowing that you're thinking of her.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So ladies, would you appreciate a friend saying,"Happy Mother's Day" to you? My friend's baby passed away from SIDS several months ago. But I want to recognize her. Would you send a card? Call? Text so she doesn't have to answer back?

bluefirewolf
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

it's not going to be a happy mother's day for her, so I wouldn't wish her one.  What I would do is call her and see if she would like some company and let her know that you are thinking of her and her baby.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: So ladies, would you appreciate a friend saying,"Happy Mother's Day" to you? My friend's baby passed away from SIDS several months ago. But I want to recognize her. Would you send a card? Call? Text so she doesn't have to answer back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 4:07 AM
Thank you all for guiding me in this. What a sad mother's day.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:07 AM
I'm
So
Sorry

Quoting Anonymous 1: My first mothers day without my little one and I don't think it will be easy. Its only been a month. Thanks for passing this along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluefirewolf
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:09 AM

you might want to check out the site as well because it does give information for friends and family.  You are very welcome.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Thank you all for guiding me in this. What a sad mother's day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)