Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My truth

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 3:47 AM
  • 24 Replies

Happiness is standing up for who you are, what you love, respecting yourself, and what you know to be good in this world. It's loving other people, even if you disagree. And most importantly, it's loving and knowing yourself in this world. 

I hope you can all learn to love and respect yourself. Life is a journey. It's a hell of a lot better if you can laugh at little stuff and yes, let it go. 

I'm a happy person. I love myself, I forgive myself and others when I'm (or they) are wrong. I trust and love and forgive. 

That is my value I try to strive for. What's important in your life? What makes you happy?

by on May. 8, 2016 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeadOfCrazy
by Holls on May. 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM
Bump
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a journey, that's a fact.
UpsideDown
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:55 AM

But, what makes you happy? What cooks your ribs on the grill of life?

Quoting vegaswife2011: It's a journey, that's a fact.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:56 AM

Hey, you!  I've been talking with you in another post!  HAHA!  I love this side of you!  Based on this post, we are so very similar.  What makes me the happiest is beer, lol.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 8, 2016 at 3:57 AM
Good question. Idk.

Quoting UpsideDown:

But, what makes you happy? What cooks your ribs on the grill of life?

Quoting vegaswife2011: It's a journey, that's a fact.

UpsideDown
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:59 AM

Was I talking to you about media? LOL. 

Beer doesn't really make you happy. Well, maybe for a bit it does.  That's a means to an end. I'm talking, what stokes your passion? Your fire for being here? 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Hey, you!  I've been talking with you in another post!  HAHA!  I love this side of you!  Based on this post, we are so very similar.  What makes me the happiest is beer, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 4:05 AM

Yep, media!  haha!  Thanks for your honesty about beer not making me happy.  I know that, but I'm in denial for a bit.  In July I am changing my life around, I hope.  To answer your question, nothing stokes my passion or fire for being here except for my daughter.  I have no relatives in my state, my ex left me and pretty much abandoned his daughter, and I'm kind of struggling with emotions.  However, I have been dating a very nice man for awhile, so we'll see how that goes.  I know that's not the answers you are looking for though, hahaha.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Beer doesn't really make you happy. Well, maybe for a bit it does.  That's a means to an end. I'm talking, what stokes your passion? Your fire for being here? 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

UpsideDown
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:11 AM

Hey, as long as you are happy with where you are and what you are doing,that is exactly the answer I'm looking for. You have a fabulous daughter you love and a boyfriend you love? You are doing awesome! That's what I want to know about. I can't keep hearing these whiny stories about how everything sucks! I want some good stories. Some happiness. 

Just watch though. There's no horror here. It won't get a single reply after this. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yep, media!  haha!  Thanks for your honesty about beer not making me happy.  I know that, but I'm in denial for a bit.  In July I am changing my life around, I hope.  To answer your question, nothing stokes my passion or fire for being here except for my daughter.  I have no relatives in my state, my ex left me and pretty much abandoned his daughter, and I'm kind of struggling with emotions.  However, I have been dating a very nice man for awhile, so we'll see how that goes.  I know that's not the answers you are looking for though, hahaha.

Quoting UpsideDown:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Gummy-bear
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh and kids make me happy. We have a wonderful little world in our home and the time we spend together as a family are so fulfilling. We laugh, joke, play, and just have fun. We respect one another and enjoy eachother's company.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on May. 8, 2016 at 4:19 AM
I had passion for life I think until about 12/13 years. I was made to "take care of" my broken parents from then forward.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)