• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do People Really Ask About This?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:04 AM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This was in "Dear Abby" the other day. I cannot imagine asking an acquaintance this. Has anyone here had this experience? How did you respond? What would you say if someone asked?

I just find it hard to believe this is a common thing people bring up in casual conversation: "How's the weather? Aren't the strawberries great this year? Is your tween using tampons yet?"

by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:09 AM
I had people ask if my son had pubic hair yet then seem shocked when I said I didn't know.
I stopped seeing him naked long before he hit puberty.
UpsideDown
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:10 AM

My DD is not that old yet, but if someone asked me that question, I'd just be like?..stupid gif won't post that I can see. Whatever  screw it.

Nikidu
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:14 AM

It comes up amongst family members, but we're a family of girl makers and a lot of our daughters are close in age so it's kind of like comparing notes. Strangers say stupid stuff about her outer develompent that make me want to punch them though. 

AngelSinger
by Angel on May. 8, 2016 at 5:17 AM
OMG. I cannot imagine asking anyone that. WTF is wrong with some people?!?

I remember people asking if my ds was shaving yet, but nothing about what goes on under the Mason-Dixon Line, as my late grandmother would say.

Quoting 702girly: I had people ask if my son had pubic hair yet then seem shocked when I said I didn't know.
AngelSinger
by Angel on May. 8, 2016 at 5:18 AM
Would you be ok with giving an example?

Quoting Nikidu:

It comes up amongst family members, but we're a family of girl makers and a lot of our daughters are close in age so it's kind of like comparing notes. Strangers say stupid stuff about her outer develompent that make me want to punch them though. 

UpsideDown
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this

😂 Grandmas are awesome!

Quoting AngelSinger: OMG. I cannot imagine asking anyone that. WTF is wrong with some people?!? I remember people asking if my ds was shaving yet, but nothing about what goes on under the Mason-Dixon Line, as my late grandmother would say.
Quoting 702girly: I had people ask if my son had pubic hair yet then seem shocked when I said I didn't know. I stopped seeing him naked long before he hit puberty.

702girly
by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:21 AM
It was a friend of a friend and she had poor social skills. I found out later that none of my friends liked her.
She thought I should still be helping him in the shower to make sure he was clean at 13. I was just like ummmm....no.

Quoting AngelSinger: OMG. I cannot imagine asking anyone that. WTF is wrong with some people?!?

I remember people asking if my ds was shaving yet, but nothing about what goes on under the Mason-Dixon Line, as my late grandmother would say.

Quoting 702girly: I had people ask if my son had pubic hair yet then seem shocked when I said I didn't know.
jjames1990
by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:24 AM
No one ever asked me, because I always told them before they could ask. You know, because it's valuable information for everyone to know.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 5:27 AM
The ONLY time I've been asked that was in another group on this site. It wasn't even a post. The person pm'd me asking if my dd had started, how did I talk to her about it, what products to buy, and a bunch of other random questions. This wasn't even a member very active in that group that I frequently interacted with. It wasn't so much rude as creepy as hell.
Nikidu
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:27 AM

We were recently dress shopping for a formal event and a saleswoman said something about her getting a pushup bra. DD was mortified. She's very sensitive about it and I felt like it would be an inappropriate thing to say to me much less a twelve year old girl. We also had an incident with a grown man asking about the "grass on her field"  that DID cause me to lose it in public. I'm just happy she didn't understand the comment and I'm REALLY happy BF wasn't there that day.

Quoting AngelSinger: Would you be ok with giving an example?
Quoting Nikidu:

It comes up amongst family members, but we're a family of girl makers and a lot of our daughters are close in age so it's kind of like comparing notes. Strangers say stupid stuff about her outer development that make me want to punch them though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)