Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 15 year old daughter said she was "too busy" to get me anything for mother's day... not even a card

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
Not even a card.....should I not be surprised or care or feel hurt? Because I am. 😢 She's been living with her Dad since March to go to a better high school and since then she barely sees me and won't talk to me unless I try to talk to herand even then she rolls her eyes and I get snotty answers. And also now that she's at her dad's she also has a boyfriend (which I would not allow her to do) and she has a smartphone (which I would not allow her to have.) Despite the way she's been acting towards me her birthday was last week and I took her out to eat for a nice dinner, bought her presents and then took her to a show. I think trying to do things like that for her shows I am trying as hard as I can to get through to her and show her that I'm trying to do more than argue with her and that I care. Now here it is Mother's Day and last night she went to bed without a hug or kiss or even so much as a goodnight to me. I understand teenagers are awful little selfish beasts (more often than not at this age) but this transformation seemed to happen almost all at once. I mean she was always moody and temperamental but her and I at least connected on some level. This defiant secretive obnoxious bitchiness when she treats me like shit seems like it started the very week she started High School which was also the same week that my father passed away.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hart57
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:32 AM
4 moms liked this
She wasn't too busy. Just didn't want too or thought about it. She is 15. Kinda of normal for kids her age.

But it does sound like your relationship isn't great. Make more of an effort to repair your relationship. You can still spend time with her today. Take the pressure off her and have a mother/daughter day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
be too busy for her birthday
nachobizness
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:35 AM
12 moms liked this
Teenagers are selfish assholes. Don't take it personal. Happy Mother's Day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Too late it just passed, I took her out for dinner and bought her presents. Took her for a nice night out.....

Quoting Anonymous 2: be too busy for her birthday
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.  My feelings would be hurt, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Exactly this.....She wasn't too busy. Just didn't want too or thought about it.

Quoting hart57: She wasn't too busy. Just didn't want too or thought about it. She is 15. Kinda of normal for kids her age.

But it does sound like your relationship isn't great. Make more of an effort to repair your relationship. You can still spend time with her today. Take the pressure off her and have a mother/daughter day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Sorry
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:39 AM
This.

Quoting hart57: She wasn't too busy. Just didn't want too or thought about it. She is 15. Kinda of normal for kids her age.

spooky415
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM
well that was pretty thoughtless of her. but based on what you're saying, its not surprising. just tell her it hurt your feelings and you would have liked to spend some time with her today. if she doesn't want to, there's not much you can do. but i wouldn't fight over it. that wouldn't help much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Her birthday was last week and I took her out to eat for a nice dinner, bought her presents and then took her to a show. I think that shows I am trying as hard as I can and now here it is the next week and it's Mother's Day and I got nothing.

Quoting ReedusStalker: This.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)