Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Day is pretty stupid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I'm working today lol. My kids are with me. They don't know it's Mother's Day and I never told them. My friend was acting like I should be depressed about working but what's the point of Mother's Day anyway? My kids bring me random notes and gifts all the time.

I'm not married so obviously my husband didn't get me anything lol. It's just another day.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by on May. 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM

It's kind of stupid to me too, in all honesty. I don't get worked up over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM
It's family day here. Big family dinner with all of my favorite people.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Mothers day is my day.

I don't get anything for my birthday, for Christmas, anniversaries or any other holiday. It took me 13 years to get pregnant. You bet your ass it's a big deal in this house. Its the only day of the year that I ask to not be over looked
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:40 AM
My SO is working a double today.

I'm going to take my boys to pick out my mom a card and bring it over to her. And maybe stop by my grandma's.

Nothing over the top.
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:40 AM
It's artificial. Every day is Mothers Day for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Shhh, don't say (or post) things like Mother's Day stupid, some of the women on here act like its the end of the world if they aren't acknowledged and celebrated today!!! (I've already seen 3 or more post complaining that people forgot...and it not even -10am here)
mommy404204
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:42 AM
It's just another day to me. I do the same thing I do every other day.
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:46 AM
My husband is working today. My kids are grown...my son is out of town and my daughter is suppose to come by today.
I don't think it's stupid, but it's not the end of the world if nothing special hapoens. We did stuff yesterday. I got flowers to plant and a yellow rose bush and a new Adirondack patio chair....which is what I wanted.
My mother in law fell Friday and broke her hip so we also spent part of yesterday visiting her in the hospital. My mom lives a couple of hours away and we are going to see her next weekend.
I've been a mom for almost 31 yrs. Some years we do more than others, but in the end it doesn't really matter. I love my children and they love me and that's what's important.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:46 AM
I often resent holidays since they require too many obligations. Then you feel like you can't just refuse without hurting someone.

I don't need a special date on the calendar to tell me when to do something nice for someone.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM
Today is just like any other Sunday for me. Swim class for the kids in the morning, probably grilling dinner later.
My kids made me some adorable presents, so I appreciate those, of course.
I don't need a day to be pampered. I have those days often enough throughout the year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)