Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If someone said to you "surprise I'm taking you to....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
So my DD (20) and I were having a conversation a while ago about Disney world and how she so would like to go and watch her little brother have fun. I told her it's going to be a loooooong time before we could ever afford to go and if she was going she would have to pay for herself.

Well she called me a couple weeks ago with a surprise. She told DH that she wanted to take us to Disney World for my birthday and wasn't going to tell me until the last minute.She had actually planned on telling me we were going up north for a little vacation but instead we would be going to Florida for a Disney vacation.

Well DH said you better not keep it a surprise because there is a lot of planning and such especially with food allergies and such. So she told me in advance. She called me and said "surprise...I'm taking everyone to Disney World" I told her she was crazy and she said she had already been saving. And that she knew we couldn't afford it right now.

Anyways I come to find out what she really meant by taking us to Disney was she will pay for air fare and herself and boyfriend. That's it. The rest of the trip is on us.

That's fine! Give us a year though. We are not going right now...I already told her we can't afford it!

If someone says " surprise I'm taking you to Disney World" what would you expect that to mean? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:40 AM
I'm taking you, to me, means, I'm paying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this
That they are paying for hotel and airfare and park tickets, not "we're going to disney, now shell out some cash so you can come too"!
my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM
it means that person is paying for everything
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM
Um....isn't that you taking yourself to Disney considering you have to pay your entire trip yourself.
She should have said surprise. We are flying to Florida and paid for it, you can come if you like.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 3: That they are paying for hotel and airfare and park tickets, not "we're going to disney, now shell out some cash so you can come too"!
143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM

That THEY were paying for most if not all of it. 

She's not taking you to Disney, she's hitching a ride and forcing you to go now. 

Molz09
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Why the fuck was she planning on taking you on a surprise vacation and wasn't going to tell you until last minute and expect you to be able to fund a trip to Disney in the blink of an eye?

I'm taking you = I'm paying for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:44 AM
If someone said they were taking me on a surprise disney vacation, I'd assume they were paying for the whole vacation :/ I guess it's a real surprise to say she's taking you and givingyoutheBilllol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM
It's she stupid? You told her you couldn't afford it. How does think her saying surprise we're going but I'm not paying, suddenly means you can afford it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd have no clue since there are so many expenses related to a Disney trip. I'd just ask what they meant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)