• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my sister is making a huge deal out of nothing...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My sister is has been divorced for 8 years. Her ex is remarried to a woman who has children of her own, including a son who is 2 years older than my nephew. The boys aren't close but they get along ok. They have their moments but all and all they're ok with each other.

My nephew is a freshman and he's had a lot of trouble with a kid picking on him this year. Bad enough that they are considering switching his school next year. Well, I guess the step-brother witnessed this bullying first hand last week and he got in the middle of it. A friend of mine is a teacher and heard about how the step-brother handled it. He didn't get violent, he just pointed out the my nephew is a great kid and could kick the bully's ass if he wanted. But that he's the bigger person. He kind of laid into the kid about what a crappy person he could be and he really needed to grow up. And said that he "had his brother's back anytime he needed it".

My sister is mad about this! He said my nephew can fight is own battles and doesn't need some other kid sticking up for him. This "other kid" isn't just some kid, it's her son's step-brother. I personally would be glad to know my kid has a step-brother like this. Lots of times it isn't like this. She went as far as telling her ex she thinks she needs to distance her son from his family. I couldn't imagine being so spiteful of my ex's family to be mad at this situation. I know she doesn't like the ex's new wife (for no good reason other than they are married) but this is too far...
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM
She's stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Your sister should be glad. She must be one of those people where everything is about her.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM
She's an idiot. Siblings, even step siblings, should stick up for one another.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM
That seems really petty on her part.
702girly
by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM

I think she's making a big mistake and that's sad. It's good that his step brother cares about him. 

LadyAmaranth
by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:51 AM

She's an idiot. I would be grateful and happy to know his stepbrother has his back and thinks so much of him.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM
You're sister is being ridiculous. How nice that the boys get along well enough that he had his back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Is she ALWAYS THIS STUPID? (Please show her this response so she knows ever strangers think she's a moron!)
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:54 AM
Your sister should be thrilled her step son stepped in !
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:54 AM
This. She needs to stop being pwtty, and be glad her son has people like his step brother that care enough about him to stand up for him.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

She's an idiot. I would be grateful and happy to know his stepbrother has his back and thinks so much of him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)