Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am fighting to get the bus driver fired.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

Because he is a lying sac of shit and rude to the kids. 

On Thursday my car was in the shop. I made sure that the kids were out there ready for the bus early because I knew I wouldnt be able to take them if we missed it and they  had some big tests that day. The bus stops right in front of our house. 

We have had issues missing the bus this year. At first I assumed it was just because the kids were taking too long to get ready. But now I am sure he doesnt even come here sometimes because even though we were out there 20 minutes early the bus didnt come

I had to spend $200 on a cab and the kids still missed their first finals. One of them might not be able to graduate because of this the school might not accept the bus driver  not coming as an excuse.  

I called the transportation department to see why the bus wasnt running. They said that it was. I said they didnt come to my house at all. They said they would figure out what had happened and get back to me. Later that day they said that the driver said he was here on time but we werent there. I told them that that was 100% not true because we were out there early. I started asking around and I guess this is very common with this driver many students are just not picked up. 

I told the bus department that I have a camera facing the street and I would go through it to see if he came really really early. He didnt come at all. I looked at the other days where we "missed" the bus and it never came. 

On friday he came and apologized to me. I told him that didnt make it any better and that I was out $200. He then said that I shouldnt be in a position where I have to rely on a bus. 

I am going to fight to get him fired. Someone who thinks it is okay to lie about their job has no business working as a bus driver. I wonder what else he lied about 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! You shouldn't rely on a bus?! That's what it's there for!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Or...all year long you haven't used the bus and nobody has been out there so he presumed this time to skip the stop.

It doesn't make it right, and personally I don't think getting him fired is the answer. Written up? Absolutely but fired is extreme.

lucille.bluth
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:53 AM
I hope he gets fired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM

No. We use the bus most days. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Or...all year long you haven't used the bus and nobody has been out there so he presumed this time to skip the stop.

It doesn't make it right, and personally I don't think getting him fired is the answer. Written up? Absolutely but fired is extreme.

702girly
by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM

We had a bus driver like this when I was a kid. She drove right past me multiple times. They said they couldn't fire her because she had worked there too long so she could do whatever she wanted.

I missed a lot of school because of that woman. I don't understand how anyone thinks that's ok. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM
I heard this before only it was a special needs bus.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
$200 to get the kids to school ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM
What a shit. He should be fired. Doesn't matter who can and can't take their kids to school. Here you have to pay for a bus pass. And they are suppose to stop even if they see no kids for a minute to make sure none are running up or just sitting somewhere you can't see
Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I think he should be fired. If I skipped doing part of my job I would be fired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Yes. We dont have cabs in our town. It is a $150 fee just to get a cab here. The cab ride getting the kids there wasn't that bad

Quoting lucky2Beeme: $200 to get the kids to school ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)