• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know if its appropriate to say..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Today is mothers day and I have a friend who had a miscarriage like a month or ago and she just texted me Happy's mothers day so do you think it would be appropriate to say it back even tho she had a miscarriage she was like 3 weeks pregnant. I don't want to be rude or inconsiderate but maybe I'm over thinking it to me she is still a mother even tho her baby is not here 😐 it might be a touhy subject
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:09 AM
I wouldn't say it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Yah I don't think I shouldn't either wouldn't know what to say

Thanks

Quoting Anonymous: I wouldn't say it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
No. But then again I know people who had a full blown funeral service for miscarriages that early and still 100% believe they are moms. Sooooo if she is like that then I could see it but if she isn't then I would just say "Thanks"
DistractedNumb
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to her. Maybe she's dying to hear it. Maybe she's not interested. Ask her if it's appropriate. It's different for everyone. Some moms need to know they're still moms, even though they had angel babies.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Depending on how close you are, I would probably say something like.. Thank you. You are in my thoughts today. Love you...
heydooney
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Just text back a heart and "love you, thinking of you today" or something like that. Don't not say anything.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Momtoone07: Depending on how close you are, I would probably say something like.. Thank you. You are in my thoughts today. Love you...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

A 3 week miscarriage? You are usually 4 weeks pregnant when you skip a period..by that standard I have 4 kids..and yet I only have one. It's fine to tell you you are thinking about her though, but I have never considered an early miscarriage making one a Mother-now a still birth or a later miscarriage or a baby that dies after delivary... altogether different..but not even missing a period? Naw....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)