Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crappy Mother's Day! Just another ordinary Day.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I only asked my dh for 2 things today. Wash clothes and take over the parent duties today. What is actually happening? He is sleeping while the kids are doing their usual driving me nuts. Granted dh has a broken hand but I suffer from a disease where I'm in chronic and sometimes debilitating pain 24/7 and I take care and do for everyone. That includes making him feel good on his special day, having the kids make him things, making his favorite foods ect. I just want one day , ANY day to feel like I'm appreciated. No one in my house even said happy mother's day and it is 1pm. I'm usually not hung up on these things but with my health and years of this same type of occurrence, I'm just down. To everyone eles having a Crappy Mother's Day I'll be the one to say Happy Mother's Day to you.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supercooper07
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry your day isn't turning out the way you wanted.  Maybe it will turn around for you.  It's just another ordinary day for me too.  I'm actually alone because my son is with his dad until later and my SO is with his mom visiting his grandfather.  

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I walked in the bedroom and kicked mine out of bed and told him it's Mother's Day and I'm going back to bed! If you let it happen, it will continue to happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Why is he sleeping at 1pm? Wake his lazy ass up!
MaryanneMac
by on May. 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy Mother's Day!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 1:18 PM
He's been drowsy from the meds from his hand which I get. I'm not evil but it's everything else. I guess im just down.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why is he sleeping at 1pm? Wake his lazy ass up!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is still asleep as well and it's 12, but he did tell me Happy Mother's Day very early this morning. My kid's are little so they don't really know yet.

My advice go kick his ass out of bed and tell him to take the kids to lunch so you can get a nap
blessed107
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:20 PM
You don't stop being a mother because of this one day.
karlie2
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:22 PM
Then wake him up.
If you accept this he's not going to change.
Why make a big deal on Father's Day if he doesn't acknowledge Mother's Day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 1:24 PM
Who said anything about stopping being a mother? Asking your so to take over to get a few hours to just be and regroup is in no way stopping being a parent.

Quoting blessed107: You don't stop being a mother because of this one day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy mother's day! @-->---

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)