Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to work on this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My boss says I'm a little rough around the edges.

Not to customers but to associates. She said it doesn't bother her because she's not sensitive to that kind of stuff but there are sensitive people who may think I'm unapproachable.

Idk. I mean I am who I am ya know? I don't have a whole lot of time to socialize at work because we are so busy I just need to take care of customers and get stuff done. I didn't realize that made me seem rough.

I have socialized with people there but usually I'm just very focused on getting work done so maybe I don't do it as much as anyone else.

How can I fix/work on this? I feel really bad cause I feel like maybe people think I'm mean or something which I don't intend to be at all. I just don't feel like there's a lot of time to talk/socialize/whatever.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Smile more
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 1:34 PM

bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:35 PM
That was unprofessional on her part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM
I would say, stop being on MC.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:42 PM
No it wasn't. I am betting people have talked to the boss about the op. The way she acts to her coworkers could cause a hostile and uncomfortable work environment.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That was unprofessional on her part.
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Not really...  It's her job.  If other associates think she's hard to deal with - she's supposed to say something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:44 PM
She isn't there to make friends. She's there to make money.

Quoting Anonymous 4: No it wasn't. I am betting people have talked to the boss about the op. The way she acts to her coworkers could cause a hostile and uncomfortable work environment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:47 PM
I disagree. She doesn't have to strike up conversation at every given opportunity. Focusing on her job should be her number one priority.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Not really...  It's her job.  If other associates think she's hard to deal with - she's supposed to say something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Just smile, look at people passing by, say hi, you don't have to go out with people, just listen & respond politely
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 1:51 PM
This has nothing to do with making friends. Clearly you took it to heart because you behave the same way.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She isn't there to make friends. She's there to make money.

Quoting Anonymous 4: No it wasn't. I am betting people have talked to the boss about the op. The way she acts to her coworkers could cause a hostile and uncomfortable work environment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)