• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The number of "I didn't get a Mother's Day gift" posts is pathetic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
15 moms liked this
So your kids didn't shower you with gifts....so what? So your SO didn't get you something....you aren't his mother.
Go spend some time enjoying your kids and stop bitching about material things.
Perspective, people.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Agreed. DS told me happy mothers day this morning when I called. Thats enough for me.

mommabear868
by on May. 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM
Agreed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
It should be enough for any mom. Why do people need presents for a hallmark holiday? Hug your kids, tell them you love them, move on with your life!

Quoting Seagodess:

Agreed. DS told me happy mothers day this morning when I called. Thats enough for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM

I so agree. Today is my day, no cooking, or cleaning, or anything else for anyone.

Mrs.ChuckBass
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM
I used to be married to one of those guys, and V day wasn't the only 'special' day he ignored.

It sucked.

This year I am home with no kids, recovering from getting breast implants (I guess that could count as a mother's day gift?) And my SO has been so sweet! Waiting on me hand and foot and doing all those chores I'm too girly to do.
Like chopping down a ginormous leaning tree.

He even did the laundry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I wish I had a mom to shower with gifts
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on May. 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't know that I'd call it pathetic as much as a little sad.

For some Moms, this is a big deal to receive gifts on this greeting card holiday. For other women, every day is "Mothers Day," and today is no exception.

Different priorities and levels of importance.......and all that jazz.

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM

I went with my DH and kids to see Captain America last night. That was enough for me. We go to the movies every year for my birthday/Mother's Day. Usually DH and I make it a date night and then take the kids a second time but it didn't work out that way this year and that is okay with me. 

l.a.m.b
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM

agreed althoug df did get me a gift.  he ordered me something last week and it came in the mail yesterday, so he said think of it as a mothers day gift.  but normally we dont exchange.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on May. 8, 2016 at 2:13 PM
How did you like it? We saw it yesterday.

Quoting sheramom4:

I went with my DH and kids to see Captain America last night. That was enough for me. We go to the movies every year for my birthday/Mother's Day. Usually DH and I make it a date night and then take the kids a second time but it didn't work out that way this year and that is okay with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)