Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bm is mad because we celebrated mothers day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 373 Replies
My dh has an 11 year old daughter with his ex. They share 50/50 custody. Obviously with this being Mother's Day weekend sdd was supposed to be with her mom this weekend. But her mom is in the hospital. They are not sure what is wrong and all she has said if she's having pain in her abdomen. We took step daughter to see her mom yesterday but bm expected us to bring her today as well. Here are the problems. The first one is that the hospital that she is at is an hour away. The second problem is an adult would have to stay so it's not like we could even drop her off. Obviously as I am a mother to three children besides my stepdaughter I have plans for Mother's Day and they don't include hanging out at the hospital.

Bm is so pissed that we haven't taken her. We went to church in the morning and went to a Mother's Day picnic with my side of the family and then my husband's family is having dinner that we will go to in a bit.

Every few minutes, dh was getting a call or text from bm, pissed that we haven't brought her for mothers day. It's gotten to the point that my husband actually had to block her cell phone number and the number from her hospital room.

She actually thought that my husband should have skipped church and lunch with me and the kids and my family and taking his daughter to see her. No that's not the way it works and my husband agreed. He's got family besides stepdaughter and well obviously it was ideal for her to spend the time with her mom that wasn't practical and she had a good time with my family.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM
Bm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:47 PM
13 moms liked this
You could have found a way for her to see her for an hour.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM
The only way for that to work would be either my husband or I would have had to drive an hour out to the hospital sit in the hospital while she visits with her mom and then drive an hour home. That's 3 hours out of the day. We just got home from the picnic with my family and we're going to be leaving pretty soon to go to my husband's family. So in order for one of us to be able to take her we would have either had to cut the picnic with my family short or arrive late at my husband's family. And as tomorrow is a school night we can't stay at my husband's family's house too late

Quoting Anonymous 2: You could have found a way for her to see her for an hour.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Awesome, a usual bm vs sm post.

So original. 😐
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 3:52 PM
I'm sorry my life isn't that interesting

Quoting Anonymous 3: Awesome, a usual bm vs sm post.

So original. 😐
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have worked it out.

KekeLi938
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We would have worked it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

you dh can stil make time for his daughter to see her mom. did he least get his daughter something for her mom? as for  school. one time isn't going to hurt her not going to bed on time, ect.

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Jesus.

Eye roll.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:55 PM
9 moms liked this

I dont see why your DH couldn't have taken her up there for a little while. You could have taken the other kids to a movie or to lunch or something while they where there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)