• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy batman

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My son is 2 1/2 and when he was 1 1/2 I tried to move him to a toddler bed and my DH said he was too young he wanted to wait until he was 2 I said ok we will. Then when he was 2 I said something again and he said no I don't want him to burn himself on wall unit heaters I said ok I understand we will wait. Our rental property doesn't have central heat there is floor heaters in every room which I understood I didn't want him to burn himself either.

Well we just bought a 5 bed, 1 1/2 bath home and it has central heat and air so i said let's put DS in a toddler bed when we move in there. Our estimated closing date is June 24. He said no I am not comfortable with it. I said we will buy a baby monitor and gate and cover the outlets and he still said no he's too young. He turns 3 in October.

The house has 3 beds up and 2 beds in basement the girls will go upstairs and one of the rooms will be a playroom and DS and us will go in the basement.

Ugh I am frustrated it's like he wants to keep him a baby forever or something. Would you be frustrated?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Yeah. That's odd. It's time for you to put your foot down, he needs a big boy bed. At 2 and a half, he's more than ready, in fact I'm surprised he's not already climbing out of the crib, which can 31st lead to an injury. Invest in some baby proofing and a good monitor, and tell Dh it's time to let go a little.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 3:55 PM
My son was in a toddler bed at 16mos because he kept climbing out of the crib!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Thank you I will have a talk with DH because I feel he is more then ready too. He is terrified of hieghts so that could be why he has never tried climbing out of his crib. I know in our new house he will be more then safe because I am planning on keeping all there toys in the playroom upstairs and maybe a few stuffed animals for bed. I am also planning on baby proofing too.

Quoting lexasmommy411: Yeah. That's odd. It's time for you to put your foot down, he needs a big boy bed. At 2 and a half, he's more than ready, in fact I'm surprised he's not already climbing out of the crib, which can 31st lead to an injury. Invest in some baby proofing and a good monitor, and tell Dh it's time to let go a little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM
DS is terrified of hieghts so that could be why he has never tried climbing out of his crib but I am going to have a heart to heart with DH. Thank you

Quoting peanutsmommy1: My son was in a toddler bed at 16mos because he kept climbing out of the crib!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 4:04 PM

My kids were all in toddler beds by age 3, and a baby monitor works great.  I would be slightly frustrated but not enough to make a big deal over, I'd just let dh know that by October you expect to switch him to a toddler bed.  Maybe even buy it and have it in the room in addition to the crib so your ds gets used to it.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM

At that age he is going to try to climb out on his own which is very dangerous. Put the kid in a real bed before he gets a skull fracture.

nassivera
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Weird
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Thank you I like the idea of buying a toddler bed now so I will do that. I will talk to DH.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My kids were all in toddler beds by age 3, and a baby monitor works great.  I would be slightly frustrated but not enough to make a big deal over, I'd just let dh know that by October you expect to switch him to a toddler bed.  Maybe even buy it and have it in the room in addition to the crib so your ds gets used to it.

Anonymous
Thank you I will talk to DH.

Quoting lenashark:

At that age he is going to try to climb out on his own which is very dangerous. Put the kid in a real bed before he gets a skull fracture.

Anonymous
Thank you and it is weird

Quoting nassivera: Weird
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)