Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hormone balance supplements

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
http://m.cvs.com/shop/personal-care/feminine-care/menstrual-pain-relief/femmenessence-macaharmony-women-hormone-balance-maca-supplement-capsules-120ct-prodid-406055?skuId=406055

Has anyone ever used a supplement that helps balance your hormones? I have every symptom of high estrogen. I can't stand the moodiness, cramps, foggy, tired feeling. Even my antidepressant isn't working like it used to. I want my doctor to test my hormones but Idk if she'll actually listen. If she doesn't, I want to try something OTC while I try to find a new doctor.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 4:53 PM
Bump.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Best bet, change your diet to all organic, particularly dairy and meat.  Increase your food sources of all B vitamins, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, Vitamin C and Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.  Decrease sodium and caffeine intake, and increase your activity level.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 5:04 PM
I have changed my diet and I work out regularly. I still feel horrible.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Best bet, change your diet to all organic, particularly dairy and meat.  Increase your food sources of all B vitamins, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, Vitamin C and Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.  Decrease sodium and caffeine intake, and increase your activity level.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:06 PM

High estrogen is a tough one to treat OTC.  And by the by?  Your doctor doesn't determine what blood tests you get, you do.  If you want your hormone levels tested, tell your doctor that you want you hormone levels tested, and you're not taking no for an answer because it's your body and your money.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have changed my diet and I work out regularly. I still feel horrible.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 5:11 PM
I guess I need to be more forceful. I have endometriosis and have a lot of pain from it. I don't really feel like my doctor really listens to my concerns though.

Quoting corticosteroid:

High estrogen is a tough one to treat OTC.  And by the by?  Your doctor doesn't determine what blood tests you get, you do.  If you want your hormone levels tested, tell your doctor that you want you hormone levels tested, and you're not taking no for an answer because it's your body and your money.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have changed my diet and I work out regularly. I still feel horrible.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 6:35 PM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:24 PM
I used to take chastity-berry to help regulate my hormones.
Look into things that mess with your hormones. I found out that non-stick pots and pans and other things can have an effect on your hormones
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:58 PM
DIM has been a lifesaver for me! My face cleared up in a week. I also take an herbal supplement called Womens Best Friend and bio identical progesterone. I started DIM last and it was just what I needed to help those last symptoms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM
What's DIM?

Quoting Anonymous 3: DIM has been a lifesaver for me! My face cleared up in a week. I also take an herbal supplement called Womens Best Friend and bio identical progesterone. I started DIM last and it was just what I needed to help those last symptoms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Nature's Way DIM-plus - Estrogen Metabolism Formula -- 120 Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00014IGXS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ch-lxbH9YBJKH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)