Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry Mom!

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

We're taking my mom out for dinner. 45 minutes before we were supposed to leave my eight year old son realized he forgot his math notebook at the gym yesturday. He needs it tomorrow. I had him call the gym and they have it at the lost and found, my husband and I still have to get ready and get the younger kids ready, so I told him to run to the gym and grab it, takes like ten minutes each way. On his way back he slipped in the mud and was covered, so now I'm waiting for him to clean himself off and change. No one's fault really, I just feel bad we're late to dinner. My mom understands. Anyone else have any plan slip ups?

by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:43 PM
Anyone know how to get mud stains out of cords?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you should have let your kidbdeal with a natural consequence and taken your mom out to dinner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM
Rub the cords with damp paper towel.

Quoting lenashark: Anyone know how to get mud stains out of cords?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 6:44 PM
Soak in Luke warm water works for me.

Quoting lenashark: Anyone know how to get mud stains out of cords?
nachobizness
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:46 PM
Wait for mud to dry then flake off as mich as possible. Get an old toothbruah or rub the garment together with some detergent. Soaking in oxy clean works too.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM

I think you're alright.  My Mom lives 3.5 hours away, so all we did was text eachother.  

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on May. 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Oops. I'd be upset too. We didn't really have many plans today. I was going to make strawberry cupcakes, but my wrist is hurting, so that is out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Where are you guys going for dinner?

PoisonEyeV
by on May. 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Where are the Googled images of your son's notebook? Ugh, much disappointment.

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM
Typical day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM
The natural consequence of slipping in mud is clean yourself up and apologize for being late to dinner.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sounds like you should have let your kidbdeal with a natural consequence and taken your mom out to dinner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)