Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PFAs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I have a PFA for DS and I against BD. It expires in 2 weeks. He hasn't violated it so it can't be extended. But does he get a notification that it expired? Or if he's not keeping track of the date, will he just not know?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM
Bump.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:38 PM

The current order can't be extended, but a new one can be written based on the same evidence, if that evidence demonstrates a history of abuse.  Unless he has a lawyer, he won't get written notification of the expiration.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 6:40 PM
He can't afford a lawyer. But I can't get a new one. I looked into it. We're going to try to have BDs rights terminated anyway and a PFA makes it harder. I just hope he doesn't realize when it's up and just doesn't try to contact us.

Quoting corticosteroid:

The current order can't be extended, but a new one can be written based on the same evidence, if that evidence demonstrates a history of abuse.  Unless he has a lawyer, he won't get written notification of the expiration.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Well, set yourself up for success.  Do you live alone with your son?  If so, can you have someone stay with you, or go somewhere with your son for a while after the PFA expires?  What about surveillance and security around your home?  

Quoting Anonymous 1: He can't afford a lawyer. But I can't get a new one. I looked into it. We're going to try to have BDs rights terminated anyway and a PFA makes it harder. I just hope he doesn't realize when it's up and just doesn't try to contact us.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Spare.Time
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:46 PM

TPR?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 7:17 PM
We live with DF. I'm not afraid of BD. And he lives too far away for him to do anything.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Well, set yourself up for success.  Do you live alone with your son?  If so, can you have someone stay with you, or go somewhere with your son for a while after the PFA expires?  What about surveillance and security around your home?  

Quoting Anonymous 1: He can't afford a lawyer. But I can't get a new one. I looked into it. We're going to try to have BDs rights terminated anyway and a PFA makes it harder. I just hope he doesn't realize when it's up and just doesn't try to contact us.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 7:17 PM
What's that?

Quoting Spare.Time:

TPR?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)