• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go in for this? Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I have had ovary pain for Since January. I've just chalked it up to ovulation or a cyst. But it's been consistent and only seems to get worse and worse. Today everything hurts. Walking, sitting, laying down, everything. It's Sunday so the only option is the emergency room.
Would you go in and at least get an ultrasound done?

Stop with the assumptions. I never said it was the only symptom. It's just the main symptom. Yes, it's been going on for five months. It has gotten gradually worse in that time. I have been meaning to go in for it, but with four children and being a single mother, my life is hectic and I don't seem to ever have the time. There's always something. I've just powered through and dealt with it.

My symptoms are as follows:

• right sided ovarian pain
• painful intercourse (yes, I'm sexually active. No, I don't need your permission.)
• my periods are sporadic at best and lighter than normal. (Ex: used to be very heavy and are now very light and instead of lasting 7 days last four days or less.)
• bleeding between periods - sometimes it's just spotting other times it's like an actual period. The spotting/bleeding can and has lasted two weeks or more.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 6:54 PM
Yes I would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 6:55 PM
If I could tolerate the pain I would wait go to the doctor tomorrow, if not then I'd go to the er
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on May. 8, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Yeah you should go for pain like that. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:57 PM
No, I'd call my doctor and go in tomorrow. The ER is for emergencies. They most likely won't just give you an ultrasound because you want one. They will rule out life threatening issues and tell you to call your doctor tomorrow. Save yourself the expense of an ER visit and just call your doctor tomorrow.
K123434
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:00 PM

If I'd been having pain since January, I would make an appointment first thing tomorrow morning for it. If you've made it five months, you can make it another day or two. Save yourself the thousands of dollars in ER costs. An emergency room visit also likely result in the care you want/need.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:01 PM
Nope, they will give yoo pain meds and tell you to see your gyn
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:01 PM
They will give her an u/s with pain like that.

Quoting quickbooksworm: No, I'd call my doctor and go in tomorrow. The ER is for emergencies. They most likely won't just give you an ultrasound because you want one. They will rule out life threatening issues and tell you to call your doctor tomorrow. Save yourself the expense of an ER visit and just call your doctor tomorrow.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on May. 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM
Yes I would go if that was my only option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM
Youve already waited this long, wait for a drs appt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:04 PM
It's really up to you. It's been going on so long I would personally wait until tomorrow to see my doctor. But I hate going to the ER. You will have way too many tests done with that vague of symptoms. I hope you feel better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)