Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job issues, how to handle

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I'll try to keep this short. I just want some opinions on how you would handle this. I've been working for the same local owned bar for 4 years. They opened up another bar across town. They gave me a raise and let me bartend over there too, to keep me from leaving. The problem is this girl they let manage is nuts. She's always drunk and I'm almost positive she's on cocaine. Whatever. I work 5 days between the bars but this girl won't schedule me more than 2 shifts at the new bar. I have asked her repeatedly for more hours. She scheduled herself 6 days next week. I asked her if she has too many days and offered to work a shift.she acts like she works too much but don't let me have at least one more shift and work something out with a set schedule. Its getting really frustrating. She barely answers my texts. I've been more than helpful. I'm considering brining this up with the owner since I can't get communication with her. I stayed with the owner because he said I could work here.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Just talk to the owner or find a new job.
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Does it matter which location you work?

I would express my concern but not much else you can do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM
Because at this bar I can bartend more. I know I would have to look for another job, I have weighed the options. Just want to go about it the right way.

Quoting happymommy1105: Does it matter which location you work?

I would express my concern but not much else you can do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:45 PM
I'd mention it out of concern for the owners business. I suspect a drunk high manager isn't what he wants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Yeah I know its really stressful. Thanks

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd mention it out of concern for the owners business. I suspect a drunk high manager isn't what he wants.
thecolorBLU3
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Just talk to the owner. He needs to be aware of how his managers are managing his establishments. And unless he's there watching her, he won't know until some one talks to him. She's being unproffessional, and lack of communication will create a high turn over; something that is detrimental to a small business. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)