• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Day/FB. Should I be upset?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM
  • 66 Replies
So DH posted a pic and a message about his mom for Mother's Day. Didn't do the same for me, the mother of his child! I don't usually get wound up over social media stuff but it did sting a little. Should I not be upset? Should I say something?

PS- I'm pregnant so a bit more emotional and kinda feel like it also makes it a bigger deal.
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM
I'd be a little miffed myself.
wymama610
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you his mother?
AnitaA
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Obviously No. Does your husband not wish you happy Mother's Day for being the mother of his child? I see other husbands posting about their wives and being grateful to them for being mothers!

Quoting wymama610: Are you his mother?
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this
It isn't First World Friday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM
I don't have a fb, but if dh wished his mom a happy mothers day and not me, I'd be a little upset too.
wymama610
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Yes, my husband thanks me for being a great mother to our children all the time. Not just one day. A Facebook post (or lack of one) doesn't define me.

Quoting AnitaA: Obviously No. Does your husband not congratulate you for being he mother of his child? I see other husbands posting about their wives and being grateful to them for being mothers!
Quoting wymama610: Are you his mother?
HellHound
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM
How does he treat you on a daily basis? If he's a great husband, don't fault him for his social media shout out to his mom. I find those public praises have little to do with what actually occurs behind closed doors. Its more - look what a great dh I am for praising my wife - rather than something for her.
AnitaA
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM
He's a good husband. Just unappreciative at times. For instance he acts like all kid related chores are my duty alone you know? I guess I just wanted him to show some appreciation.

I know it's stupid and I'll let it go. It just easier to say these silly things to strangers :)

Quoting HellHound: How does he treat you on a daily basis? If he's a great husband, don't fault him for his social media shout out to his mom. I find those public praises have little to do with what actually occurs behind closed doors. Its more - look what a great dh I am for praising my wife - rather than something for her.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Calm your tits, Anita. This isn't a big deal, you aren't his mother.
AnitaA
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM
oh I'm sorry! I forgot cafemom is the place you go to solve the world's problems

Quoting KaylinC03: It isn't First World Friday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)