Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you come to choose your child's name?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM
  • 212 Replies
My son is named Daniel. I have loved that name since I was 12 years old and the song "Daniel" by Elton John was popular (I know,I know I'm dating myself!) Also,my first crush was on a sweet little boy in 6th grade named Danny.
So, tell me what made you chose your child/children's names?
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are all named after things or places in the UK. And no, I don't post their names on here.

Their middle names are mostly family names (one after my husband, one after my father in law and the other we just liked).
Ms.Marple
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM
For Judah I heard the name once in a store and loved it.
I read a book with a character named Lilah and she was such a great character that I always remembered the name.
My older children chose Carys' name. They asked if they could choose a middle name for her and one of the list was Carys. I love it so much that I made it her first name.
BarbieGal
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Those are beautiful names!

Quoting Ms.Marple: For Judah I heard the name once in a store and loved it.
I read a book with a character named Lilah and she was such a great character that I always remembered the name.
My older children chose Carys' name. They asked if they could choose a middle name for her and one of the list was Carys. I love it so much that I made it her first name.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 8, 2016 at 7:44 PM
I picked the name Dane Christian when I was a teenager. My family is of Danish decent and Christian is my brother's and uncle's middle name.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on May. 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM

I was not prepared with a boy's name, so I pulled it out of the air at the last minute when the nurse handed me the birth certificate. I told my husband the name when he got back from the children's hospital. 

BarbieGal
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:49 PM
So did you decide when you were a teen and heard the name Dane that one day you'd name a son that? It's a great name. I've always been partial to Christian too!

Quoting Danesmommy1: I picked the name Dane Christian when I was a teenager. My family is of Danish decent and Christian is my brother's and uncle's middle name.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 8, 2016 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I thought it was fitting and I stuck with it for 15+ years until I had DS.

Quoting BarbieGal: So did you decide when you were a teen and heard the name Dane that one day you'd name a son that? It's a great name. I've always been partial to Christian too!

Quoting Danesmommy1: I picked the name Dane Christian when I was a teenager. My family is of Danish decent and Christian is my brother's and uncle's middle name.
kenoss19
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:50 PM
I picked DD's first name way back in 8th grade. It was a character in the show "Blossom". I chose her middle name from a name book, because I liked the way they sounded together.

DS's first name is after DH. We picked his middle name from another child we know.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:51 PM
My oldest we named David because of DHs grandfather. We knew the name before we knew if we were having a boy.
With my second we were jumping between 2 names all pregnancy. It wasn't until the day of his Bris that DH said "at the count of tree we just say the name we like", and yayy, we both said Aaron. How Aaron cane to be on the table, though. When we couldn't decide I googled "boy names" and well... Aaron cane up first and I couldn't believe I didn't think of it before.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this
We talked about names we liked. Then agreed on names we loved together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)