• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not invited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
My workplace has about 12 main employees and 4 part time employees. Well, the secretary is getting married. I didn't get an invite and wasn't too concerned since I figured only her closest friends were getting invited. She and I are always friendly with each other, we chat, and have never had issues.

Turns out 9 of the main employees were invited. Only 2 of us weren't. It has gotten quite awkward for me. People are asking me what I'm wearing to the wedding.... People are asking if I want to carpool.... Ummm. I wasn't invited. I'm hurt and it sucks.

Would you say anything? Would you remain friendly with her if this happened to you?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be hurt but I wouldn't say anything. I would probably get pretty distant with her.
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM
No don't say anything.what are you 5?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd just flatly say I wasn't invited when people bring it up with you. I'm sorry you're hurt but try not to let it get you down. You maybe friendly but that doesn't mean you are friends.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
No, I wouldn't say anything. I'd probably cool it with the friendly stuff, but not completely ice her out. I'd probably just keep it super polite, but always on topic about work. No more chit chat. Y'all obviously aren't friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM
5 moms liked this
On the last day I saw her before her wedding, I'd wish her a wonderful wedding day. Be the gracious one.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I worked in an organization with 9 people, only 2 were invited to a coworkers wedding. I wasn't upset, it saved me money!
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Don't say anything. For the record, that was poor etiquette on her part, but it's not worth causing drama at your work place.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:46 PM
This. Why would you think it's okay to say anything? Lol besides that, you yourself said you aren't friends, just friendly at work. Why would she invite you

Quoting aprilsalcro: No don't say anything.what are you 5?
HappilyMe
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:47 PM
I'm sorry you're hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 7:47 PM
5 moms liked this
It would make me wonder but at the end of the day id be thrilled I didn't have to go to an acquaintances wedding and have to go buy a wedding gift.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)