Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought my own Mother's Day gift

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

And I LOVE it.   Bought myself a new car.  A minivan.  DH hates minivans and would never ever ever buy me one so I finally just decided to go get one for myself.  I was sick of trying to lug around three boys in a tiny Honda Civic.   I got a heckuva deal and my boys are soooooo happy!  Me too!

My husband, on the other hand, decided to buy me new faucets for our master bathroom (prompted by the need to replace HIS faucet, because it had started leaking)....  yeah, he's not the best gift giver.   Good thing I am.    

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on May. 8, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Enjoy it.
Foxilady
by Nymph on May. 8, 2016 at 8:53 PM
Woohoo! I love my odyssey too!
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok.  I'm going to go buy those mixing bowls that I wanted for $30 now.  I won't even feel bad about it.  LOL

theResidentCat
by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Me too@ Mine was a combo gift though for birthday and momm day, i got a new desk :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 8:57 PM
Dh didn't get me anything l. My mom went out and bought me a pillow but she said it was from the kids. It's a heart shaped pillow and says happy mothers day. And dd made me a hand made card in preschool. And they laminated the card also.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on May. 8, 2016 at 8:58 PM

And... More details woman!! Color, model, features...

momma2mms
by Kristin on May. 8, 2016 at 8:58 PM
I usually pick out my gifts. I got new charms for my bracelet. I went yesterday, picked them out and had them put on my bracelet. My dh picked out the last set of charms, so I wanted to this time. Glad you got something you love!
ihave1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My daughter made me a card in school & as we dropped off the hubs/father at the airport he gave my kid some money to buy me flowers. All very sweet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 8, 2016 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  2016 Kia Sedona.  It's silver and it's pretty basic, no bells and whistles because I was trying to make the payment similar to what I had on the Honda and succeeded! 

Quoting Curlymom234:

And... More details woman!! Color, model, features...

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That was a nice gift!  I wish I could get DH to put his desk together.  I almost got him to do it today, but all he did was get the parts out and makes sure he had everything he needed.  Apparently, he needs to rest now and will put it together another day.  In his defense, he did make a yummy brunch and Shrimp Alfredo from scratch for dinner.

Quoting theResidentCat:

Me too@ Mine was a combo gift though for birthday and momm day, i got a new desk :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)