• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's my mother day too

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My dh thinks Mother's Day is to celebrate his mom only. All I got was a happy Mother's Day saying. He bought his mom beautiful roses and bbq'd for her. I said what do I get?!? He says you have your day, your birthday! Wtf!! I'm the mother of your four children. He says yeah I know but your kids are suppose to do things for you so you have to wait till they get older. I was shocked! My kids are 7,11,12,16.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:34 PM
He is right, you ARE NOT his mother. Geez people learn that you ARE NOT your DH's mother. Get over yourself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:36 PM
The older ones should have done something for you, they are def old enough.
But I agree with you to a point, you are the mother of his children. I expect a "hey thanks for birthing my kids babe love ya" LOL.
lisairv
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Your children are old enough to make you things for Mothers Day.

My boyfriend lost his Mom two weeks ago so he couldn't BBQ for her! My Mom is very sick and may be dying so yeah...Mother's Day is about her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:38 PM
That sucks. My husband got me flowers and a card from him. My dad actually cooked dinner for me, my mom, and my sister. We didn't even see my Mil today.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 8, 2016 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband has always spoiled me on Mother's Day. He says it's the least he can do for me for giving him four beautiful children.
bigmouthbabe
by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:41 PM
I think a grown man should acknowledge his mom, but he's grown. He should be honoring his wife as the mother of his children first as an adult. Sounds like he's still on her tit.
kenoss19
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:43 PM
I agree

Quoting bigmouthbabe: I think a grown man should acknowledge his mom, but he's grown. He should be honoring his wife as the mother of his children first as an adult. Sounds like he's still on her tit.
Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:17 PM

Sad he didn't at least teach them to honor their own mother.  I don't expect gifts, but it is nice to be remembered and all that. 

3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:19 PM
It's not a big deal. Just don't do anything for him for Father's Day.
MrsDukati
by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. And honestly it doesn't surprise me that most of these women agree with your DH, OP. They expect their sons to be breastfeeding still and sleeping with them, after they become a husband and father.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: I think a grown man should acknowledge his mom, but he's grown. He should be honoring his wife as the mother of his children first as an adult. Sounds like he's still on her tit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)