• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had your whole house painted?

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:45 PM
  • 26 Replies

How much did it cost and how big is your house?
by on May. 8, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PJMM
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 10:59 PM
Probably about 500 in paint. I paid ds last year to do it during the summer. I did some also.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:01 PM

How big is your house about?

Quoting PJMM: Probably about 500 in paint. I paid ds last year to do it during the summer. I did some also.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 7:25 AM
It's about..idk..1250. It's not big.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 7:31 AM
$3000
My house is 2500 sqft. That included labour and materials
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:09 AM

Damn!

I'm boiling mad now. I knew we were being taken. This man is trying to charge us $7,000. Same size as yours.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: $3000
hart57
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM
Are you talking about inside or outside?

And there are cost differences for different areas. And maybe your house needs more repairs or prep work. Their are so many variables that could change the price. I would get 2 more estimates and ask for referrals.

Quoting Elyce225:

Damn!

I'm boiling mad now. I knew we were being taken. This man is trying to charge us $7,000. Same size as yours.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Just the inside.

Minimal mud work and sanding.

We had two quotes, one was for $5k the other was for $4k. We hired a family friend (who does it for a living) instead. The two companies were going to to a higher finish job (no bumps or streaks etc) but this guy did a low finish.

He won't give us receipts of what he bought. About half of the job is finished and we had to fire him. He was nickel and dining us. We have him the job because he was having money trouble. We learned our lesson.

Quoting hart57: Are you talking about inside or outside?

And there are cost differences for different areas. And maybe your house needs more repairs or prep work. Their are so many variables that could change the price. I would get 2 more estimates and ask for referrals.

Quoting Elyce225:
Damn!

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:19 AM
Not our current house, but our beach house we had the entire interior painted. Around 6000 square feet, minimal prep work, and a few different colours. The total was $8k and worth every penny.
conweis
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:21 AM
Depends in the area, dimensions of your house, paint type and the length of time.

Quoting Elyce225:
Damn!

hart57
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That seems really high. I always go with the middle estimate if the person or company has good reviews.

Quoting Elyce225:
Just the inside.

Minimal mud work and sanding.

We had two quotes, one was for $5k the other was for $4k. We hired a family friend (who does it for a living) instead. The two companies were going to to a higher finish job (no bumps or streaks etc) but this guy did a low finish.

He won't give us receipts of what he bought. About half of the job is finished and we had to fire him. He was nickel and dining us. We have him the job because he was having money trouble. We learned our lesson.

Quoting hart57: Are you talking about inside or outside?

Quoting Elyce225:
Damn!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)