Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

registered sex offender talking to my son!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Some guy moved in down the block around Christmas time, and my neighbor brought it to my attention that he was a registered sex offender! I looked on the county database and sure enough there he was.

Well tonight my kids were playing in the back yard (its fenced in) and when I called the kids in for dinner my son starts telling me about a man who was on the other side of the fence talking to him. He said the man was talking to him about our dogs and asking him a lot of questions.

I'm not sure if it was the same guy, because I didn't see him, he was gone when I went outside to look around. Would you call the police, or just keep an eye out for future encounters?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Keep an eye out because you didn't see him. Unless they were inappropriate questions. Maybe not allow the kids to be alone outside.
zombienuggets
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Fucking creepy. Get pepper spray and a tazer. May not be the pedophile but dude probably is up to no good.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:09 PM

time to talk to son about the whole'dont tak to strangers' thing.and especially dont reveal things.like do you have a dog?is dad around?are you alone?stangers plus nosy questions equal bad intentions..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:11 PM
I would keep an eye out from now on. I wouldn't let the kids be outside by themselves either. If for any reason that happens. Tell your son to scream and run. NEVER talk to strangers unless mom and dad are present. Ask him what he looked like and what questions were asked. If you see that guy I'd call the police faster than he could run. He will be in violation of probation/parole!
MythrylHavoc
by Data on May. 8, 2016 at 11:12 PM
I wouldn't allow the kids outside alone. Were you able to see what the charges were?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:13 PM
Also create a code/safe word that anyone must know to pick him up from school or ask questions if theyre a stranger. Only that u and him know. Your DH can create a new one between him and ds. Each of my kids have their own word.
allebas1
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:15 PM
No adult pedophile or not, has no business talking to a child unless they are trying to help a lost child find their parents like in WalMart, etc. I would try to ask your child what kind of questions the guy was asking. I would also remind my kids not to talk to strangers. Too many sickos out there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:15 PM
You and your neighbors should go get your pitch forks and go set his lawn on fire. Obviously.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:17 PM
That would be the end of my child playing outside unsupervised.
karenbrzez
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Adult supervision only outdoors now for sure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)