Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owie ... thinking I might need a doctor.

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

This morning while dropping my eldest son off at school I was carrying my 2 year old down the path next to the carpark when I tripped over a gumnut (the school is covered in them because they don't ever sweep them up). Because I was carrying my son and I'm 24 weeks pregnant I twisted to the right so that I wouldn't hurt my son or the baby. Well in doing so I went down the curb and skidded across the bitumen in the parking lot. I've badly bruised my hip and can't move my leg properly, ripped a heap of skin off my elbow that won't stop oozing blood. My son also came down on my stomach and I'm feeling nauseous and woozy. I feel stupid going to the doctors for what's essentially a grazed elbow and some bumps.

by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:24 PM
The reason you're feeling nauseous and dizzy is likely low blood volume. Being pregnant makes that even worse.

You need to go to the doctor ASAP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Anytime you fall when pregnant go to the dr! Especially since your kid landed on you. GO NOW WOMAN!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:25 PM
You're pregnant and waited all day? Go!
karenbrzez
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:26 PM
There is always someone on call for your dr 24 hours a day. I'd call your OB and let them know what happened now and they will tell you if you need to go be seen or not. Just call the office number and it'll connect you to the answering service for the dr on call.
monshine2
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Go get checked out
TG3
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:26 PM

I'm just waiting for my ride to get here ... I don't think I should be driving right now.

Quoting KaylinC03: The reason you're feeling nauseous and dizzy is likely low blood volume. Being pregnant makes that even worse. You need to go to the doctor ASAP.

TG3
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:27 PM

I'm in Australia ... this only happened an hour or so ago

Quoting Anonymous 2: You're pregnant and waited all day? Go!

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM
Okay, good. Good luck! Update when you can.

Quoting TG3:

I'm just waiting for my ride to get here ... I don't think I should be driving right now.

Quoting KaylinC03: The reason you're feeling nauseous and dizzy is likely low blood volume. Being pregnant makes that even worse.

You need to go to the doctor ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM
Oh good keep us updated!

Quoting TG3:

I'm in Australia ... this only happened an hour or so ago

Quoting Anonymous 2: You're pregnant and waited all day? Go!

TG3
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM

I don't have an OB just midwives (things are a bit different in Australia) I'll go to the GP and then the ER if he recommends it.

Quoting karenbrzez: There is always someone on call for your dr 24 hours a day. I'd call your OB and let them know what happened now and they will tell you if you need to go be seen or not. Just call the office number and it'll connect you to the answering service for the dr on call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)