Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women will be required to register for the Draft

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies
3 moms liked this

What are your thoughts on this? I personally think it's about time, we want equality and this is what comes with it. I've seen a lot of people bitching about this, but you want equality, it comes with a price. I have no issues with this.

I do wonder how this will work for those who are already over the age of 18 when this is implemented??? Will they make us register as well? Again, I take no issue with that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-bill-calls-women-register-draft-2018-080944056--politics.html

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on May. 13, 2016 at 12:08 PM
20 moms liked this

I DON'T want the draft AT ALL.  The draft needs to be scrapped once and for all.  

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2016 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I am perfectly fine with it. Israel and Norway do it.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2016 at 12:09 PM
This, too. However, it should be all or nothing, in my opinion.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I DON'T want the draft AT ALL.  The draft needs to be scrapped once and for all.  

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2016 at 12:09 PM
I will not register for the draft.

I'm sure that was a Republican's idea since, you know, women want medical autonomy and all.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2016 at 12:09 PM
15 moms liked this
I don't want to settle for equality. I like it up here on my pedestal where I don't have to clean gutters of roof houses, but that's just me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM
That won't happen. And most people don't believe in equality unless they are black or gay. Then they have to have there bullshit riots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally do not like the draft but I feel everyone should do it if it's required. It shouldn't be men only.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM
Me either. However if we want equality and we're okay with our sons registering then women should register too. At least that's how ds15 thinks. I said hey if they'd take this old fart I'll sign next to you but i would rather it be gone altogether.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

MrsDukati
by on May. 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm against it. But I'm one of the few that still have no problem admitting that men and women are different.

Not to mention what would happen to someone like me? Mother of three, overweight, and has a DH who is in the National Guard (which means he would have already been called to active duty).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM

A similar bill has been around since the Bush-Kerry election and probably even before that. I don't have a problem with it because I wouldn't go no matter what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)