Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you cover for your son while he cheats

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
If you know that your son is cheating on their significant other you are the lowest of the low. I just don't get how you could cover for your son while they hurt the person who is madly in love with them and/or pregnant with their child. No you can't tell a grown man what to do but you can express your disappointment and let them know you want no part in it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 21, 2016 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dandynorm
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2016 at 11:43 PM
I guess it would depend on what level his relationship is. I'd express disappointment anyway, but I'd be more likely to go to bat for a woman if they were in a committed relationship vs someone he's just dating.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 21, 2016 at 11:44 PM
5 moms liked this
You may think I can't tell a grown man what to do but I guarantee they would be more worried I would find out than their SO or spouse. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2016 at 11:45 PM
I'm talking about committed living together kids maybe even married

Quoting dandynorm: I guess it would depend on what level his relationship is. I'd express disappointment anyway, but I'd be more likely to go to bat for a woman if they were in a committed relationship vs someone he's just dating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2016 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
As it should be. I wish my son would cheat if he has someone who is in love with him and good to and for him.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You may think I can't tell a grown man what to do but I guarantee they would be more worried I would find out than their SO or spouse. Lol
dandynorm
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2016 at 11:47 PM
In that case my take would be "I won't rat you out, but I won't cover for you. So stop it now"

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm talking about committed living together kids maybe even married

Quoting dandynorm: I guess it would depend on what level his relationship is. I'd express disappointment anyway, but I'd be more likely to go to bat for a woman if they were in a committed relationship vs someone he's just dating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2016 at 11:48 PM
You wish he would cheat...wait...what?

Quoting Anonymous 1: As it should be. I wish my son would cheat if he has someone who is in love with him and good to and for him.
Quoting bluebunnybabe: You may think I can't tell a grown man what to do but I guarantee they would be more worried I would find out than their SO or spouse. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 21, 2016 at 11:50 PM
No I don't wish he would cheat I meant it as I would embarrass and be ashamed that my son would hurt the woman he claims to love.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You wish he would cheat...wait...what?

Quoting Anonymous 1: As it should be. I wish my son would cheat if he has someone who is in love with him and good to and for him.
firespurity
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2016 at 11:50 PM
I wouldn't cover. i wouldn't necessarily give it up, but I'd voice my disapproval. And I might 'accidentally' drop hints. I would never be an alibi.
BarbieGal
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Wow, good question. My son is 28 and will be married 4 years in July. Would I tell my dil if he was cheating? First of all...he wouldn't but let's just say he did? Hmmmm....I don't think I'd tell dil but I sure as hell would have a serious talk with ds. And I'd keep talking too. It would break my heart for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 21, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Oh.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I don't wish he would cheat I meant it as I would embarrass and be ashamed that my son would hurt the woman he claims to love.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You wish he would cheat...wait...what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)