Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where in NY do you live?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I'm looking for a nice small town to move in, but I have to stay within New York State. Maybe not very small, but where we can have a house that actually has a yard.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:15 AM
We live in Brooklyn now, looking for something WAY different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:17 AM
I'm in a suburb near Albany. It's nice here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Which towns would you recommend to consider?
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm in a suburb near Albany. It's nice here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:25 AM
I'm from Jamestown, in the SW part of the state. Chautauqua county has some gorgeous places to live.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:27 AM
It depends on where you are looking to work and how far you want to travel. I'm on the Niskayuna/It which is a 20-25 minute commute to the Albany area, a little longer with traffic. Clifton Park, Guilderland, and Latham are also great areas. If you want a little more land and space, Vooresville, Brunswick and the East and North Greenbush areas, Nassau are nice. The school districts are all very good here but some larger and with a little more opportunity for college course offerings than others, but many of the smaller districts participate with a college prep program where you actually graduate high school with your associates. I would avoid the inner city areas such as downtown Albany, Schenectady, and Troy. Albany High has an excellant academic reputation but the area is a little rough. Troy and Schenectady don't have much to offer. They've done some revitalization move there unless I was going to send my kids to private schools. If you go a little north of where I live, Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa are beautiful areas.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Which towns would you recommend to consider?
Thank you.

Salut123
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:28 AM

Saratoga springs is super nice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Thank you. What about middletown? Do you know anything about the town?

Quoting Anonymous 2: It depends on where you are looking to work and how far you want to travel. I'm on the Niskayuna/It which is a 20-25 minute commute to the Albany area, a little longer with traffic. Clifton Park, Guilderland, and Latham are also great areas. If you want a little more land and space, Vooresville, Brunswick and the East and North Greenbush areas, Nassau are nice. The school districts are all very good here but some larger and with a little more opportunity for college course offerings than others, but many of the smaller districts participate with a college prep program where you actually graduate high school with your associates. I would avoid the inner city areas such as downtown Albany, Schenectady, and Troy. Albany High has an excellant academic reputation but the area is a little rough. Troy and Schenectady don't have much to offer. They've done some revitalization move there unless I was going to send my kids to private schools. If you go a little north of where I live, Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa are beautiful areas.
Quoting Anonymous 1: Which towns would you recommend to consider? Thank you.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM
I don't. Good luck!
bcoll
by on May. 30, 2016 at 10:36 PM
I don't. Boston is home. Wanted to give you a bump though.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:37 PM
I live about an hour from the border in Pennsylvania.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)