Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal? I think I'm having a mental breakdown

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

I posted earlier about my son nearly losing the tip of his finger. 

Well I'm back with questions. I know what happened was an accident but I haven't been able to eat or sleep since. This has been more than 24 hours. I keep replaying the events in my head. Every time I close my eyes, I see his fingertip just barely dangling, the blood everywhere, and look of pure terror in my sons eyes as he didn't understand why he was hurting. 

Even when awake, it just creeps across my mind and I will actually flinch every time. I've even started smacking myself in the head without realizing it. About 30 minutes ago, I ran to the store to get milk. Apparently while at a stop light, I was soo deep in thought that i just started smacking myself and the only thing that made me come to was someone honking at me. Now my face hurts from the incident in the car but it doesn't stop me from randomly just hitting myself. 

WTF is going on? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on May. 30, 2016 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop. You need to forgive yourself. Don't drive until your state of mind has stabilized.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I must've missed your first post. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time, but no that's not a good way to handle those thoughts. It's self injuring. You need to calm down, breathe, and get through the thought without self injuring. What happened? It's alright if you don't feel comfortable talking about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

how can i forgive such a thing? I would kill someone if they had caused this accident. I swore I would protect my child with my life and yet he's in pain BECAUSE OF ME. 

Quoting iwicked: Stop. You need to forgive yourself. Don't drive until your state of mind has stabilized.

702girly
by on May. 30, 2016 at 12:42 AM
No, that's not normal. You need to see a doctor.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

What happened?

When my youngest was 2 I tripped while holding him. He went flying (in serious slow motion) and feel on the side of his head. He hit the ground, bounced and hit it again.

Almost 3 years later and I replay it in my head. Not as frequently but sometimes and guilt rushes over me. It'll probably never go away. I just remind myself that he is fine and he doesn't even remember. It was a learning lesson too. Whenever you think about it just think of the positives. He is alive and well, it could have been worse and thank God for technology.
momof4loves4
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:43 AM
Good lord
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:44 AM

here's the link to the original post 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/21261714/Could_I_be_arrested_Possible_child_abuse?last#replies 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I must've missed your first post. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time, but no that's not a good way to handle those thoughts. It's self injuring. You need to calm down, breathe, and get through the thought without self injuring. What happened? It's alright if you don't feel comfortable talking about it

halsmommy14
by on May. 30, 2016 at 12:47 AM
That's called ptsd. You need to seek counseling. It was NOT your fault
jamminjules
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM
This.

Quoting halsmommy14: That's called ptsd. You need to seek counseling. It was NOT your fault
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM

PTSD goes away right? 

Quoting halsmommy14: That's called ptsd. You need to seek counseling. It was NOT your fault

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)