Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH almost crashed his car into DD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

Let me start by saying DH has no fault in this. DD16 was walking home from the bus stop (she has to catch the bus as it's a 25 minute drive each way to her school) with her earbuds in and didn't look at the road when she crossed it. DH thankfully had spotted DD up ahead and slowed down (about to offer her a ride), but she STILL almost wound up being hit by him because she wasn't looking. DH braked hard, and the car behind him managed to swerve from slamming into DH and thank God there were no cars in the opposite lane.They both came home, DH tore shreds into DD, I tore shreds into DD, the second car actually followed DD home to inform her parents and THEY tore shreds into DD -who didn't give a shit. She literally just said "whatever" and shrugged her shoulders. I sent her to her room to think up an appropriate punishment, and confiscated her Ipod - telling her to kiss it goodbye because I was about to smash it. I was 100% serious too. As we were discussing the punishment (which included DD watching her Ipod get smashed) the doorbell rang. It was the police. DD had called them (by sneaking MY phone into her room) and told them we were destroying HER property. Because she had the reciept for her Ipod, proof that it came from her bank account -I'm a cosigner, but the account is in her name, and I cannot touch it without her permission - with money from her own job - they forced me to hand it back to her (along with her phone that she'd also brought with her own money). They told me that DD had the right to press charges if she chose (she didn't), and that if they came out here again because I was breaking the law - I would be arrested. I apparently have no right to confiscate either object.I can prohibit her ability to charge the devices using MY electricity, but I can't take the devices or any of their accessories.

So, DD is grounded. Big time. DH will now be driving her to school daily, and she will be paying him $50 a week in gas. DH will not make any accomodations to get her there when SHE needs to be, so she will be arriving at school at roughly 7.20 every morning - school starts at 8.30. In the afternoon, a teacher will guide her to the bus stop to ensure she looks both ways and doesn't use her ipod during the walk, and I will pick her up from the bus stop and walk her home like a baby, holding her hand. DH and I will now be dropping her off and picking her up from work and if she attempts to walk home - then I will sit outside in my car for the entire time until she's done. She will also be spending her free time watching videos of car accidents and near misses to fully understand what could have happened. I  have also turned the electricity off in her room so that she cannot charge her items. Anything else I should add?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 1:48 AM
I'm really not sure what else. Eventually she'll get all that stuff back and unless she has actually learned something all of that will be for nothing.
TheRaz
by Liz on May. 30, 2016 at 1:49 AM
4 moms liked this
Make sure you change the wifi password too.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on May. 30, 2016 at 1:50 AM
Sounds fine to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 1:53 AM
I would have smashed that shit in front of the cops!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Done.

Quoting TheRaz: Make sure you change the wifi password too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 1:55 AM

I wasn't in the mood for going to jail. I've gone my whole life without stepping foot in one and I wasn't going to change that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would have smashed that shit in front of the cops!

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on May. 30, 2016 at 1:55 AM
I keep seeing this but how do you change the password. We have AT&T?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 1:59 AM
I get you! My kids have yet to be smart asses or rude to me! They are 16 & 17, my 10 y/o I can see we will have it out one day! She's very opinionated and likes to voice her dissatisfaction lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I wasn't in the mood for going to jail. I've gone my whole life without stepping foot in one and I wasn't going to change that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would have smashed that shit in front of the cops!

TheRaz
by Liz on May. 30, 2016 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Your computer that it's was set up through probably is the easiest.

I've never tried on anything else, but it's just the same steps as anything else, you just have to find the right program in your computer.

Search your computer wifi settings. Settings, password, change password..... At least it should be that simple.

Honestly it's been awhile.

Quoting iwicked: I keep seeing this but how do you change the password. We have AT&T?

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on May. 30, 2016 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Even if you can't take her stuff, if she's still on the phone plan you pay for you can cut her line.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)