Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It won't stop raining long enough to mow

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
My grass if finally green for once. It's usually dead and crunchy but now we're getting so much rain I can't even cut the grass. It's going to be a jungle by the next time we get some sunshine and even then it still may be too much. Plus it's been a hell of a fight against bugs and weeds. Sheesh. I'll probably get a letter from the hoa soon.as will everyone else in the neighborhood. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 5:27 AM

I totally understand!  We've had almost constant rainy days, too, but finally had a few nice days so that I could finally get outside and mow the grass and pull weeds.  

I've been constantly checking the weather websites - we are having my DD's birthday party this coming Saturday and my plan is kicking the kids out in the back yard to play.  I've been looking up "indoor party games" so I have a Plan B in case we are all stuck in the house because of rain!

jjames1990
by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:29 AM
Same here. We have found ourselves running out there as soon as it stops and mowing while it's wet. Our lawn guy won't even mow when it's wet. My neighbor actually has been out there twice to mow in the rain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:42 AM
I may end up having to mow anyway but it's rained so long the ground is just so wet. We have standing water in so many places and the mower just sinks and leaves huge tracks from the wheels.

Quoting jjames1990: Same here. We have found ourselves running out there as soon as it stops and mowing while it's wet. Our lawn guy won't even mow when it's wet. My neighbor actually has been out there twice to mow in the rain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 5:45 AM
Yeah we're forecasted for rain all next week except maybe Tuesday. I would definitely have a back up plan.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I totally understand!  We've had almost constant rainy days, too, but finally had a few nice days so that I could finally get outside and mow the grass and pull weeds.  

I've been constantly checking the weather websites - we are having my DD's birthday party this coming Saturday and my plan is kicking the kids out in the back yard to play.  I've been looking up "indoor party games" so I have a Plan B in case we are all stuck in the house because of rain!

jjames1990
by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:46 AM
I understand. It's insane for sure. We live in the water so we have lots of puddles. Fingers crossed you get a Reprieve from the rain.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I may end up having to mow anyway but it's rained so long the ground is just so wet. We have standing water in so many places and the mower just sinks and leaves huge tracks from the wheels.

Quoting jjames1990: Same here. We have found ourselves running out there as soon as it stops and mowing while it's wet. Our lawn guy won't even mow when it's wet. My neighbor actually has been out there twice to mow in the rain.
corticosteroid
by on May. 30, 2016 at 7:06 AM

Same here.

maliffy
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:29 AM
Ditto.

Most of our yard is ankle deep in water. Bad lot grading and no drainage make me a sad girl.

Unfortunately our grass...and no small number of large weeds, have never been happier.

It's a jungle out there, kiddies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 8:40 AM
I think our ground has been so dry before it's just soaking it up. Standing water in some places, but in others it's just squishy. I chose this year to plant new grass and battle weeds and while my new grass is growing, so are these damned weeds. New ones keep popping up.

Quoting maliffy: Ditto.

Most of our yard is ankle deep in water. Bad lot grading and no drainage make me a sad girl.

Unfortunately our grass...and no small number of large weeds, have never been happier.

It's a jungle out there, kiddies.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:41 AM
We haven't had too, too much rain, but the grass is definitely growing crazy fast! It could do with a cut every second day, but in just not that motivated
deborah50
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:46 AM
Yep, here in Houston too. My backyard grass is higher than my chihuahua. Luckily, the hoa does the front and I've seen them out on a light rain. Today is starting out sunny but the ground is too wet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)