Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant Co Worker

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Would you be offended if your work place became "scent free" due to a pregnant co worker.  "Sent free" includes all perfumes, scented body washes (like bath and body works) scented moisturizer and heavily scented shampoos and conditioners?

What about in the lunch room? Reheating lunches brought from home such as fish, seafood, or other ethnic dishes that are heavily fragrent?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 6:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Offended? No

Would I think it's ridiculous? Sure would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 6:25 AM
I used to work in healthcare, so I am used to being scent free at work. I think not using the break room microwave for fish is common courtesy.
702girly
by on May. 30, 2016 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I would not change my soaps or lotions. I could bring in a doctors note if I had to. I have a skin condition. I'm not risking am outbreak because someone gets a little queasy over smells. Fuck that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 6:26 AM
This exactly. I would be understanding about reheating smelly food though and some perfume is nauseating. I would probably still use my body spray though, but I never spray it in the work place

Quoting Anonymous 2: Offended? No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 6:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd be so freaking happy over a scent free workplace. Some scents give me migraines. It's not bad enough for me to complain, but I'd love a perfume free environment.

The good thing is insane. She doesn't have to eat there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 30, 2016 at 6:32 AM

I would be cool with bath and body works going out of business.  Aveeno makes some very nice lotions that don't stink to high heaven.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be annoyed, but not offended. I was extremely sensitive to smells when I was pregnant, but I didn't expect anyone else to accommodate me. That's ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 6:42 AM
I remember when I was pregnant with my last two, I worked at Shoneys. I had such severe morning(all freaking day) sickness with both of them. Every Friday and Saturday they would start cooking ham for the breakfast bar around 10 pm. I thought I was going to die lol. To this day(my youngest is 12), I haven't been able to stand breakfast ham. It took me forever to drink coffee again.

Women have been dealing with the nasty effects of pregnancy without having the world cater to them and survived. It is silly to start this now. Jmo

Quoting Anonymous 4: This exactly. I would be understanding about reheating smelly food though and some perfume is nauseating. I would probably still use my body spray though, but I never spray it in the work place

Quoting Anonymous 2: Offended? No

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:00 AM

It's a temporary situation.

cecily727
by on May. 30, 2016 at 7:07 AM

It seems a little extreme but I don't think I'd be offended.    I often quietly wish that we could be a scent free workplace.  By that I mean, no perfumes.     I get migraines and they are a major trigger.   Who does anyone need to smell nice for at work, how about just smelling like nothing, just nice and clean.   

So what is the ban based on.   Is the pregnant woman just disgusted by odor.   She can learn to deal with it, is it triggering a physical reaction.  What's the deal...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)