Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg I gotta go to the hospital!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this
People who post should I go to the ER. I mean you realize this is for an emergency correct? Chances are if you have the time to post on here and wait for replies maybe you just need to wait and make an appointment with your doctor. I swear someone coughs and they think "oh shit I better ask cafemom if I should go to the ER.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I read this and it offended me, should I go to the ER?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 7:41 AM
Yes get the ambulance! Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: I read this and it offended me, should I go to the ER?
Momma2Warriors
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:43 AM
No she needs the wambulance.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes get the ambulance! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:43 AM
I think I need the fire truck also. Probably a helicopter ride too just in case. Like it's that bad!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes get the ambulance! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:45 AM
Yes, The Butthurt is usually er worthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 7:51 AM
3 moms liked this

apparently you've been lucky enough to escape any of those "Do I wait or do I go?" situations. Lucky you. Some life/limb/health-threatening scenarios don't immediately present themselves as such.

My pet peeve is the "Got a fever - GIVE TYLENOL" knee-jerk response. The fever has a job to do... let it do its job. Unless the child is miserable with discomfort brought on by the fever or an associated sore throat, you don't need to treat a fever, and doing so interferes with its ability to fight the infection that brought it on.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:58 AM

You must be so bored you're near death.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:12 AM
I agree!
I was having issues with my BP and I'm 23wks pregnant. I was directed to go to L&D by my OB. The issue is they didn't send me to L&D. Yes at 23wks I was sent to the ER. I was already annoyed by that alone. This woman was there for an ear infection..
She had no fever. She said she lost hearing but you could tell she hard everything just fine. We where both called back and had rooms right next to eachother. I never felt right about being in the ER where people are dying. My mother passed away at that same hospital so that made things harder. My BP wasn't going down and the doctors just kept checking it. It wasn't sky sky high but enough to be concering.
My OB wanted them to check my urin to see if I had protein in it.
The whole time there I could hear that woman complain how long it was taking. How long she had to wait. It gave me a headache. I at that point wish I didn't go and I just stayed home. If I would have known I wouldn't have gone to L&D I would have went to a min clinic or something.
I wanted to throw something at her face m. She was THAT annoying. She started to yell and get rude with nurses. Meanwhile down the hall was a woman who tried to kill herself and took a ton of medications. You could hear her gripping about them attending the other woman first. Than me bring pregnant with a higher BP she got wind of that and started to bitch about that.
They finally gave her a script for antibiotics and got her out of there. After she left my BP finally went back to normal
110s/ 60s. It was 160/86. I had no protein in my urine so I finally got to go home..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:18 AM

why didn't you speak up for yourself and ask to be moved into a different room where you didn't have to hear her?

Quoting Anonymous 5: I agree! I was having issues with my BP and I'm 23wks pregnant. I was directed to go to L&D by my OB. The issue is they didn't send me to L&D. Yes at 23wks I was sent to the ER. I was already annoyed by that alone. This woman was there for an ear infection.. She had no fever. She said she lost hearing but you could tell she hard everything just fine. We where both called back and had rooms right next to eachother. I never felt right about being in the ER where people are dying. My mother passed away at that same hospital so that made things harder. My BP wasn't going down and the doctors just kept checking it. It wasn't sky sky high but enough to be concering. My OB wanted them to check my urin to see if I had protein in it. The whole time there I could hear that woman complain how long it was taking. How long she had to wait. It gave me a headache. I at that point wish I didn't go and I just stayed home. If I would have known I wouldn't have gone to L&D I would have went to a min clinic or something. I wanted to throw something at her face m. She was THAT annoying. She started to yell and get rude with nurses. Meanwhile down the hall was a woman who tried to kill herself and took a ton of medications. You could hear her gripping about them attending the other woman first. Than me bring pregnant with a higher BP she got wind of that and started to bitch about that. They finally gave her a script for antibiotics and got her out of there. After she left my BP finally went back to normal 110s/ 60s. It was 160/86. I had no protein in my urine so I finally got to go home..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:22 AM
I honestly didn't want to bother them any more.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

why didn't you speak up for yourself and ask to be moved into a different room where you didn't have to hear her?

Quoting Anonymous 5: I agree!
I was having issues with my BP and I'm 23wks pregnant. I was directed to go to L&D by my OB. The issue is they didn't send me to L&D. Yes at 23wks I was sent to the ER. I was already annoyed by that alone. This woman was there for an ear infection..
She had no fever. She said she lost hearing but you could tell she hard everything just fine. We where both called back and had rooms right next to eachother. I never felt right about being in the ER where people are dying. My mother passed away at that same hospital so that made things harder. My BP wasn't going down and the doctors just kept checking it. It wasn't sky sky high but enough to be concering.
My OB wanted them to check my urin to see if I had protein in it.
The whole time there I could hear that woman complain how long it was taking. How long she had to wait. It gave me a headache. I at that point wish I didn't go and I just stayed home. If I would have known I wouldn't have gone to L&D I would have went to a min clinic or something.
I wanted to throw something at her face m. She was THAT annoying. She started to yell and get rude with nurses. Meanwhile down the hall was a woman who tried to kill herself and took a ton of medications. You could hear her gripping about them attending the other woman first. Than me bring pregnant with a higher BP she got wind of that and started to bitch about that.
They finally gave her a script for antibiotics and got her out of there. After she left my BP finally went back to normal
110s/ 60s. It was 160/86. I had no protein in my urine so I finally got to go home..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)