Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about bottles..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I want to breastfeed or at least pump to give my baby breast milk. I have no idea which bottle to go for if I choose to pump or formula feed. There are many kinds of baby bottles, and I am just stumped with which one is the right choice. For example MAM and NUK are orthodontic bottles, so should a baby be drinking from an ortho. bottle or a standard round nipple? Does it mean if a a baby drinks from a standard nipple that he or she will ave teeth issues later??! I don't get this crap. I seem to dislike many bottles on the market today, I am freaking puzzled. So if you ladies can help, which bottle is the appropriate one to use for a baby? Share some experiences.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2016 at 8:43 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:44 AM

Use whichever one baby likes best and feeds from best

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:47 AM
My babies were formula fed so I don't know if that makes a difference. We tried all the fancy bottles but mine always stuck with the cheap Gerber bottles lol. Medium flow clear nipple.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:48 AM
Oh if you have a lazy eater or a gassy baby the curved bottles are good at first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:51 AM
If you plan to breastfeed and switch back and forth, choose one shaped more like a breast. Only ever used slow flow for switching back and forth from breast. If you chose to just pump or do formula, choose the cheapest and go from there. My ds ended up liking the super cheap traditional looking bottles and has no teeth issues so far. He's 5. There's no guarantee your baby will like a specific kind of bottle or feed from one better than another.
JC2223
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:54 AM

I strictly pumped for 15 months since DD couldn't latch properly to feed and used Playtex bottles with the drop in bag liners, with the Natural Latch Slow Flow bottle nipples.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:54 AM

They say choose a wide-neck bottle if you are breastfeeding.

That being said, we used the standard sized Dr Browns (I wanted glass) and my breastfed/bottle fed baby had no issues ever.

Just don't invest in a bunch of bottles of one kind before trying them. 

I don't think orthodontic nipples make any kind of structural difference in your childs mouth, no. They may prefer that shape of nipple, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 30, 2016 at 8:56 AM
I never used bottles for my kids, but my SIL liked the Dr.Brown bottles and she switched off.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:07 AM
I just used the cheap Gerber ones with a standard nipple. Dd seemed happy with it. I tried the curved ones, but I found that they actually made ds more gassy.
MrsDukati
by on May. 30, 2016 at 9:08 AM
I used Tommee Tippee. Loved them. But I formula fed, so I didn't need to worry about going back and forth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)